1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Charles Daly over/under 20ga.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by cjumpstartwin, Nov 18, 2009.

1. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

I like to know how much a Charles Daly 20 GA-3" 28"rib barrel over/under on bottom it says B.C. MIROKU on side of barrel Miroku Firearms MPG CO..KOCHI JAPAN butt plate says B.C.Miroku on it also haven't seen any model number I like to know how much it is worth. Thanks
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Sir,

There are several possibilities here...Pictures would be of great help....Just a guess but, these are nearly the same gun as a Winchester 101, also by Miroku. Off the cuff about $700-$900 depending on the condition it is in. Condition is very important, yet another reason to provide full length pics. and close up of any blemishes.

Regards, Kirk
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

In my opinion these guns were and still are one of best buys on the market and as 300 H&H said pictures would be very helpful to show condition and grade. They made as I recall a Ventura grade, a Superior grade and a Diamond grade. The Ventura being the cheapest and in nice shape would be worth in my view at the high end of what 300 H&H (Kirk) opined. With that you need to keep in mind I really like them.

Ron
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  4. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

Okay here are 4 pic's and more if needed..hey guys I a gal but been raised around weapons all my life..Charles Daly 20ga. over/under..if you like pictures have taken a bunch was trying to get the writing in as much as my camera would allow...Thanks

Attached Files:

5. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

OKay here is some more

Attached Files:

6. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

hope this will due I just bought this shotgun from a friend looks really nice,never had a shotgun actually fit so nice

Attached Files:

7. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

Okay I posted pictures of 20ga so what say you ?
  8. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Poor man's Browning, it's actually the same as a Browning Citori, made '63-'76.
    The stamps on the left side breech end of the barrels are the choke designations
    *- improved modified choke

** modified choke

My best guess is a Diamond Grade Field, and if it were mine, I wouldn't let it go for anything less than $1500
  9. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

Thank you very much ...I really apreicate your help ...I really like the way it feels it fits like it was made for me, never had a shotgun fit without a stretch for me..but looks like this is a collector.. Sincerely Car
  10. muddober

muddober Active Member

I would respectfully disagree with TRAP55 characterization as it being a "poor mans" Browning. While it did cost considerably less than the Browning the quality is just as nice in my opinion. I say that being a guy (before Obama) that at one time had a gun just like yours and a $40,000.00 Perazzi. Also I believe your gun to be a Superior grade and not a Diamond grade, as such I would value it at about $1200.00

Ron
  11. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

Well thanks Ron you both aren't to far apart...so cool . So like do I have to have stock taken off to find a model on it or just serial number ?
  12. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Ron, by "poor man", I only meant it cost less than a Browning, and I did say it was the same gun. I guess I should have added it is the same quality, and in some respects, I think they had better engraving.
    Daly's are a great buy, always have been.:)
    Maybe member Charles Daly can chime in here on exactly what model it is, they had a lot of sub variations on the models and grades.
    Look on the tang and in front of the trigger guard for a serial number.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  13. cjumpstartwin

cjumpstartwin New Member

Your right it is Diamond grade my brother took down so we were able to see. He just wasn't around for me to take down carefully ... Thanks so very much I picked up S&W 38sp. from my son he bought it and Johnson 30-06 from a fellow coming out of gun shop made an offer my son could not refuse..but now trying to find out what 38 sp is worth or it's model...
  14. muddober

muddober Active Member

Through the years I have had several of these guns still having a superior grade that is engraved exactly like yours. The only diamond grade I had was coin finished and had very fancy wood. Your gun appears blue just like mine. No where on my gun is the grade marked.

The Johnson really sounds cool but it is not clear to me if your son bought it or sold. They are worth a ton of money and if he bought it, please post some pictures.

Ron