The Firearms Forum banner

Charleville info/expert requested

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Gabob 
#1 ·
I have an old Charleville that I'd like to identify the model, estimated year of manufacture and possible value.

It presumably came home with a distant relative who was coming home from the Civil War, went to sleep on the road side with a Civil War era weapon and woke up with this Charleville at his side.

I've attached several photos.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The US surcharge indicates use by American forces in the American Revolution. If it is all original, authentic and in apparently good condition, it is a piece of major interest to collectors, probably worth many 1000s. With more & better photos & dimensional info it might be possible to ID its specific model.

A major dealer has its British counterpart priced in the $20K range.

#3 ·
The US surcharge indicates use by American forces in the American Revolution. If it is all original, authentic and in apparently good condition, it is a piece of major interest to collectors, probably worth many 1000s. With more & better photos & dimensional info it might be possible to ID its specific model.

A major dealer has its British counterpart priced in the $20K range.
Sounds like whoever swapped your ancestor did your family a favor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.