1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Charlies Den, Brick, NJ

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/27/02 8:16:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Charlies Den, Brick, NJ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Won an auction on GunBroker on 9/9/02 from a seller identified as "Charlies Den" in Brick, NJ. Promptly contacted them via e-mail, got a prompt reply as to mailing address. Sent off money order and copy of license the following day. Two days ago, having heard or seen nothing, I e-mailed them again - so far, no reply.

Here it is 9/27/02. ??????

Anybody know anything about this seller? His feedback is kind of strange - he seems to do good on selling transactions, but has messed up on a few purchase transactions.

Should I wait a while longer, try another e-mail, or start the tedious process of contacting GunBroker?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/28/02 7:55:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Charlies Den, Brick, NJ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob, I would'nt hesitate to shoot them another e-mail.

Good Luck

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/28/02 8:54:32 am)
    Bob, always make sure you use GB`s email system only. At least until you receive the product. GB logs and records all email contact. I had a problem like this some time back, then made contact with GB. The dispute was solved fast, as they had the emails. Even though it took some time.....I was clearly in the right and had the proof, (GB`s email tracking)

You are well within the guidelines to send an "ALERT" to the seller. Like I have said before, I don`t know what`s in this "alert".....but it sure get`s them off the fence post. Good Luck. LTS

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/28/02 10:29:26 am)
    out of curiosity, I scanned through this fellows auctions. He sure gets the bids... but not many that meet his reserve.

kinda' makes you wonder?
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/29/02 8:23:50 am)
    Sent him another e-mail through GunBroker last night, will give it a few days, and if no response, will take the next step through GB.

I have been lucky the last few years and all transactions have gone through, I may have had some garbage delivered as an item, but at least got something. This may be the first cold stiff I have had.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/1/02 7:44:45 pm)
    What a run around! They played stupid "Who was your FFL Dealer?" ME, STUPID! THE LICENSE IS IN MY NAME!

e-mail back from them "Thank You" ---- ?????? WHAT IN HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

e-mailed them several more times. Finally get e-mail today - "Sorry, just got mail today. Gun shipped out today. We moved, new address is -------"

Hello? Anybody home? I mailed the payment and license to the address they gave me on 9/10/02 -- they never bothered to mention they were moving? Just now got it?

Something really stinks in New Jersey ------

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/1/02 8:57:20 pm)
    Smells like fresh cooked Toracelli with sauce.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/4/02 9:25:16 am)
    Somebody just posted feedback on him that obviously went through the same thing I am going through. I have a feeling I will be posting similar feedback ----

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/4/02 10:09:51 am)
    Bob, several times....I have dealt with both sellers and buyers, just like this guy. Very little or no responce at all.
    I guess some just think mind reading is the normal MO.
    I don`t deal with sellers like that, once found out, feedback shows little contact.

Did have a buyer once, emailed him the details of his purchase.....never heard a word! Waited 10 days and was ready to smoke him after no responce to the last of my messages. Payment arrived on the tenth day and was dated the day after the auctions end (postmark) he had excellent feedback, so I was kind of miffed to his none responce.

I left good feedback for him when the payment was received.
    Never heard a word back.....until......... TWO MONTHS later. Asking where his rifle was??? I checked the UPS Tracking number and it had been received at his dealer, three days after we received the payment and FFL. I thought, here we go. So I checked and sure enough.....it was at the dealer. I emailed the buyer and told him it was there. Never heard another word......then found feedback placed by him for us.

" Excellent deal and fast shippment"

GO FIGURE!!!!!! never did receive but one message from him. "Where`s my rifle?"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/8/02 1:44:41 pm)
    Gun was shipped out on 10/1? Hello? Where is it? Today is 10/8.

This fellow that posted the bad feedback on Charlie's Den got sniped back - got a revenge bad rating from Charlies Den. These folks are snakes. If I was to post a bad rating on them, I know what he will do ---

I think it is time for a long e-mail to GunBroker ---

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/8/02 2:08:09 pm)
    Yep Bob, send GB all emails concerning this. They will also prevent him from slamming you (feedback) and if he does....they will remove it. They are pretty good about that, but it takes some time. Good Luck!! LTS

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/8/02 7:49:01 pm)
    Well. pistol finally showed up today - 2nd day air UPS, shipped out supposedly on 10/1/02? More likely shipped on 10/4/02.

Anyway, took a whole month from the time the auction closed. Will definately post in our feed back forum - debating what to post (if any) on Gunbroker - this guy will stab me in the back if I do.