1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Charter Arms 93820 - Southpaw, Alum Std

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mjordan1n, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member

I would like opinions about the quality of the currently manufactured Charter Arms' left-handed revolver. The "Southpaw" is identical to the Undercover Lite, but it is completely reverse-configured. It is a five-shot, .38 Special +P revolver with an all-aluminum one-piece frame, and 3-point cylinder lock up. My left-handed son is turning 21 in September, and I want to get him a practical revolver. I comes in a 2" barrel, but I want to get one made with a 4" barrel.
    Thanks for your input,
    Mj
  2. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member

Charter Arms' left-handed revolver

Are there any opinions about the quality of the currently manufactured Charter Arms' left-handed revolver. The "Southpaw" is identical to the Undercover Lite, but it is completely reverse-configured. It is a five-shot, .38 Special +P revolver with an all-aluminum one-piece frame, and 3-point cylinder lock up. My left-handed son is turning 21 in September, and I want to get him a practical revolver. I comes in a 2" barrel, but I want to get one made with a 4" barrel.
    Thanks for your input,
    Mj
  3. I have no specific experience with the left-handed version, Jordan, but my experience with Charter in general has been very negative, at least with their more recent production. I did have a Charter Undercover that I bought a couple of years ago that was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Charter has been through several bankruptcies in recent years and their quality control has been abysmal. Personally, I would never again purchase a Charter Arms weapon. Their older stuff, built 20 or 30 years ago, was pretty decent, but the new stuff is junk in my humble opinion. Spend a little more money and get your son a Smith or a Ruger. They may not have the left-handed features, but they are reliable and will last a lifetime.
  4. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member