Charter Arms 93820 - Southpaw, Alum Std

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mjordan1n, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member

I would like opinions about the quality of the currently manufactured Charter Arms' left-handed revolver. The "Southpaw" is identical to the Undercover Lite, but it is completely reverse-configured. It is a five-shot, .38 Special +P revolver with an all-aluminum one-piece frame, and 3-point cylinder lock up. My left-handed son is turning 21 in September, and I want to get him a practical revolver. I comes in a 2" barrel, but I want to get one made with a 4" barrel.
    Thanks for your input,
    Mj
  2. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member

Charter Arms' left-handed revolver

Are there any opinions about the quality of the currently manufactured Charter Arms' left-handed revolver. The "Southpaw" is identical to the Undercover Lite, but it is completely reverse-configured. It is a five-shot, .38 Special +P revolver with an all-aluminum one-piece frame, and 3-point cylinder lock up. My left-handed son is turning 21 in September, and I want to get him a practical revolver. I comes in a 2" barrel, but I want to get one made with a 4" barrel.
    Thanks for your input,
    Mj
  3. I have no specific experience with the left-handed version, Jordan, but my experience with Charter in general has been very negative, at least with their more recent production. I did have a Charter Undercover that I bought a couple of years ago that was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Charter has been through several bankruptcies in recent years and their quality control has been abysmal. Personally, I would never again purchase a Charter Arms weapon. Their older stuff, built 20 or 30 years ago, was pretty decent, but the new stuff is junk in my humble opinion. Spend a little more money and get your son a Smith or a Ruger. They may not have the left-handed features, but they are reliable and will last a lifetime.
  4. mjordan1n

mjordan1n New Member