Charter Arms Pathfinder Revolver. New purchase. Underrated .22WMR revolvers..

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Remington597, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. Neil

Neil New Member

nice little guy. Would make a great backup.
  3. Remington597

Thanks Neil, I've always enjoyed the .22WMR and am enjoying it more and more everyday. Another fun .22 Mag revolver is the North American Derringer.
    [​IMG]
  4. Craig

Craig New Member

Rem 597:
    Have you tried the
    Remington
    PremierĀ® .22 Win. Mag.
    with the 33 gr. v-max bullet

I use them in my Ruger Single-six for groundhog hunting. Quite deadly.
  5. Remington597

Craig:
    I have not tried them, but based on your recommendation, I think I will.
    I have always been amuzed at how underrated the .22WMR is. Its really a deadly round but alot of folks make the mistake of comparing it to a .22LR, where the difference is many fold.
  6. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

My partner at work bought that exact gun this year . When he got it the
    accuracy was horrible , even for a snubbie . He sent it back with a scathing letter . The PRESIDENT of the company called him ( I was there ) and asked for details and assured him they would make it right . They repaired it to his satisfaction and all is well . He even got a follow up e-mail from them .
    Pretty good customer service .
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Try a Taurus in 3" 44 Special. Makes the twirpy little 22 Mag a pest. If you intend to shoot some one, make sure you intend to stop him/her.
  8. Remington597

inplano:
    As stated above, the intention is to have this one only as a backup and for general plinking. It is not intended to be my primary concealed, but rather a supplement to it and a backup.
    The primaries pack a greater punch. Here are the primaries.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Remy,
    Sorry, but I garner from the posts you have made that you carry two or three pistols and a knife or other weapons. My opinion is that if you carry one manstopper caliber weapon, mainly something in a 44 or larger caliber, you would not need the two other small caliber weapons. Might save weight also. Just MHO.

In my opinion, a 9mm is not a decisive man stopper. Look at the facts and figures.
  10. Remington597

inplano:
    Thanks for the feedback and I do value your opinion, but I enjoy mixing up the types that I carry, but my primary has never been less than a .38spcl or a 9mm luger.
    I have numerous good friends who are cops and use a Kel Tec P11 or a Glock 17 as a backup and have had to use it , I also read numerous law enforcement magazines.
    A well placed Speer Gold Dot 9mm hollow point is not something one recovers from easily or at all.
    [​IMG]

On one occasion a good friend who is a cop used his Glock 17 with a Speer Gold Dot against a 278 lb meth addicted perp and the perp went down immediatly after being hit with one at 17 yards in the lower abdomen. The perp died at the scene almost immediatly. He had raped and killed a woman and was trying to attack my friend with a knife.
    A 9mm Gold Dot Hollow Point is a manstopper, but I have no problem with carrying a .38 or a .357. ,I value your opinion and experience and appreciate it, but I see no problem with having a .22WMR hollowpoint as a backup, just in case. thanks again and God bless.
    [​IMG]

11. russlate

russlate New Member

I have an original Charter Arms made ( not Charco or Charter 2000 ) 3&1/2" Pathfinder 22lr I picked up for $150 a month back. Well made and absolutely tight as any revolver I've seen.

If I could find one of these in 22mag in the same length barrel I'd grab it. Look up the NAA mini site, and see what the difference is between 2" and 4" barrels.

When you start talking 22 mag J or D or equivalent frames like the Charter I think of the LA cop who went thru the Watts riots and then purchased an S&W 22 mag with something like a 3&1/2" barrel. He'd evidently run out of ammo at one point and decided never again. I forget where he carried the back-up gun, but he ever after carried it and two 50 round boxes of HP 22 mags in a leather carrier on his belt.
  12. Remington597

russlate:
    Welcome to TFF. Tell me more about the cops and the .22mags. Can you elaborate more?
  13. russlate

russlate New Member

Regretfully I can only remember reading it somewhere.

Thanks for the welcome. This is the second forum I've found this week where I was already registered. Must have had computer problems and wiped my favorites/bookmarks 14 or 15 months back
  14. Remington597

I would say that the .22WMR Mag is a very underrated round. I use Winchester Supreme Hollowpoints. I guess that cop agrees.
  15. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF, Russlate! :)
  16. Eagle Guns

Eagle Guns New Member

Below is a picture of a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 Mag that just came in
    today.It has a 6' barrel adjustable sights and is in like new condition,it's a keeper.
    [​IMG] :cool:
  17. MVP

MVP New Member

ATF--
    A 6' Bbl??? You could shoot someone pointblank from across the room.
    I can't find the clown face or else I would have used it so you know I am just jokeing :D
  18. jrg

jrg New Member

Reviving an old thread - nice pictures folks! :cool:

I found this .22lr model recently in a Houston Texas pawnshop - I'm in love!

[​IMG]