1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Chauchat CSRG Mle.1915

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by nmckenzie, Dec 5, 2012.

1. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Any of you guys own one of these old warhorses? If so, perhaps you'd consider lending me a hand with some data. Very briefly, I'm putting together a non-firing replica built on a dummy receiver, and have thus far accumulated a few parts - mags, bipod & trunnion, grip & mag release assembly etc., and will soon be fashioning side plates for the lower frame. I have some very accurate Ordnance Department drawings of the Chauchat and it's various component parts, but they're not full size and no measurements are listed. That said, if I had just two or three measurements from an existing Chauchat I can easily work up an equation for scaling up measurements taken from the drawings. All I need to know are the O.D.s of the receiver tube, ventilated barrel casing, and mouth of the flash hider, and I can take it from there creating a full-size set of machinist's drawings. On the same topic, if anyone knows of a parts source - particularly for the front sight/flash hider assembly, I'd sure appreciate the information. My sincrest thanks in advance for any assistance.
  2. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Good luck with this. I doubt that there are any left.
  3. zant

zant Active Member

Have you tried SARCO??..Dave may have some parts...I thought most of these were destroyed by soldiers to save themselves from having to use them:).....My brother inherited an Amnesty registered one 3 yrs ago-traded it even for a cherry 1970 Chevy pu..
  4. BillM

BillM Active Member

There was an extensive article on it in the Dec 1 Shotgun News.

It appears from the article that Peter Kokalis owns one--you might
    see if you can get the info from him.
  5. whirley

whirley Member

Have you tried any of the military museums? There's one at Boalsburg Pa, founded by Col. Boal for the 28th Div, after WW1. He had a machine gun company, and they MIGHT have one. I know they had a Gatling gun chambered for the Krag cartridge.
  6. sharpie443

sharpie443 New Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. Sgt 45

Sgt 45 Active Member

They were arguably the very worst machine gun ever invented.