Cheap places to buy knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by big steve, Mar 18, 2010.

1. big steve

big steve New Member

Hi All,

I am a knife collector and I am getting sick of having to spend a lot of money to get good knives. Does anyone know any good websites to get knives cheap or any stores.
    Thanks

Steve-
  2. stede

stede Member

There are many places to buy cheap knives, and your purchase will be worth every penny you spent for it.
    Quality carries a stiffer price tag; but maintains or appreciates in value.
    Your call either way.
  3. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow New Member

Steve, there are many quality knives at Knives Plus. I've bought many different brands from them over the years. They have great service and a very good selection. Their website is a pleasure to navigate, and they have items that are now discontinued on their site left up that is very good for reference.
  4. DARIN

DARIN New Member

Heelo, I understand that one completely. If you want "cheap" knives, in other words, off brands, I can give you some superb name brands that are priced very reasonably. If you want to buy the higher end stuff at a lower price here`s what you do....Go online and get a Federal Tax I.D. number. Once this is done, search for wholesale stores online. This will help tremendously. Check out www.szco.com I love this website. The knivesaren`t bad at all. There`s such a misconception when it comes to knives. Many think that a knife has to cost at minimum $50.00 to be any good. Wrong! Many also think that if it`s made in China it`s automatically junk...Wrong again!...because if so, that puts Spyderco in the "junk" category. Fire away...LOL
  5. wingspar

wingspar Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  6. big steve

big steve New Member

Thank you all for the help I will check out all these sites
  7. big steve

big steve New Member

And yes I want a good knife at a good price is what i was getting at lol:)
  8. big steve

big steve New Member

Hi I was looking on szco and they have some great knives but I am confused as how to buy them there is no buy button or anything like that any help is appreciated thanks
  9. wpage

wpage Active Member

10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

11. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

As much as I hate to say it - feebay is the place to find a hi-end knife @ a good price. Right now, there's so much competition to make a sale that most dealers have slashed (sorry 'bout the pun) their prices to the point of giving the knife away. 2%-3% profit isn't worth the trouble.

I dated the QC mgr. @ Spyderco for a while & found out what WD prices were. Dealers like Spydie Guys aren't marking up their knives up very much at all.

& then there's the people who are knife collectors that are down on their luck & are listing their knives w/ a starting bid @ $1 to attract attention. Even if you get into a bidding war, most times you can still come away w/ a nice knife @ a great price.

FWIW - I hate ebay!! :mad:

SR
  12. patrol

patrol New Member

13. steve666

steve666 New Member

14. tankman

tankman New Member

15. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Even though I may not like ebay that much either, I too have found some good knives at good prices.
  16. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

17. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Try Smokey Mountain Knife works. If you have DirectTV or Dish network they have a tv program on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 9pm eastern. (not that Frost Cutlery show that offers those cheap psychopaths dreams) They offer knives from U.S. manufacturers as well as top quality imports at very good prices. You can check out their inventory at SMKW.com
  18. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Ever look at Cold Steel knives? top notch stuff..
  19. Sooner1911

Sooner1911 New Member

I buy quite a few of my Case knives from Shepherd Hills Cutlery in MO and I also get quite a few from Kenny at Sooner State Knives. Both sell Case significantly discounted from retail and Sooner State sells many brands besides Case. I can't attest to the prices on other brands at Sooner State because I seem to have a Case addiction.
  20. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I was going to mention Smokey Mountain but somebody beat me to it.

My wife and I went to Gatlinburg to see the sights and do some hiking for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and hit their store, and I was AMAZED at not only what they had but their prices as well.

That was before I was into buying over the 'net so I don't know how it is to buy from them that way but I am still carrying my sweet Buck 442 with the etched blade "1st Production Year/Post Falls, ID" that I was AMAZED was only $19.99. In fact, that much for a quality Buck means I am carrying a NICE looking and functional knife daily that probably SHOULD have been put back and not used.:eek: Oops!:D