Cheap places to buy knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by big steve, Mar 18, 2010.

1. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Try Smokey Mountain Knife works. If you have DirectTV or Dish network they have a tv program on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 9pm eastern. (not that Frost Cutlery show that offers those cheap psychopaths dreams) They offer knives from U.S. manufacturers as well as top quality imports at very good prices. You can check out their inventory at SMKW.com
  3. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Ever look at Cold Steel knives? top notch stuff..
  4. Sooner1911

Sooner1911 New Member

I buy quite a few of my Case knives from Shepherd Hills Cutlery in MO and I also get quite a few from Kenny at Sooner State Knives. Both sell Case significantly discounted from retail and Sooner State sells many brands besides Case. I can't attest to the prices on other brands at Sooner State because I seem to have a Case addiction.
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I was going to mention Smokey Mountain but somebody beat me to it.

My wife and I went to Gatlinburg to see the sights and do some hiking for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and hit their store, and I was AMAZED at not only what they had but their prices as well.

That was before I was into buying over the 'net so I don't know how it is to buy from them that way but I am still carrying my sweet Buck 442 with the etched blade "1st Production Year/Post Falls, ID" that I was AMAZED was only $19.99. In fact, that much for a quality Buck means I am carrying a NICE looking and functional knife daily that probably SHOULD have been put back and not used.:eek: Oops!:D
  6. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

If your looking for custom, your best bet for finding a decent price is to locate an up & coming knife maker. Maybe one who has passed his journeyman smith test but not yet his master. I was fortunate enough to run into a knifemaker at a Nebraska gun show named Dave Sloan. Ive bought a custom knife from him every year for the last 4, EXCEPT for this year! He passed his tests, & blade magazine named him "one to watch" & now, he only had one knife at the show instead of 6-8(says hes too busy!) & his prices had doubled! They are still worth it, and Im happy for him, but I just hadn't brought enough money. We were both disappointed, I think, that he didnt have a knife for me. So much so, that Ive comissioned him to build a custom caper for me!
    Anyway, sorry to ramble, but try to look for a promising newcomer, buy his knives & encourage his passion!

CK