cheap tumbling media

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by springerbuster, Sep 23, 2009.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I am new to reloading and to this forum and have got a lot to learn. That being said I would like to share with everyone something that I discovered about media for my case tumbler. Being in the construction industry I sometimes am around companies that do sandblasting for the company that I work for. In talking to some of the workers I found out that corn cob and walnut are some of the medias that they use for this. I then called an industrial supply store that sells sandblast media and priced it by the 50lb bag. Walnut goes for $27.00 per 50lb bag and corncob goes for $37.00 for the same amount. Maybe some of you already know about this, but I thought I would pass it on to those that don't. Compared to what I payed at the store for tumbler media this is quite a savings.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Good post; useful info; Thanks.
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yup, good info to post.
    I use the same...I buy corncob media by the bag for my blaster and just dip into it when I need to refresh my tumbler.