1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

cheap tumbling media

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by springerbuster, Sep 23, 2009.

1. springerbuster

springerbuster New Member

I am new to reloading and to this forum and have got a lot to learn. That being said I would like to share with everyone something that I discovered about media for my case tumbler. Being in the construction industry I sometimes am around companies that do sandblasting for the company that I work for. In talking to some of the workers I found out that corn cob and walnut are some of the medias that they use for this. I then called an industrial supply store that sells sandblast media and priced it by the 50lb bag. Walnut goes for $27.00 per 50lb bag and corncob goes for $37.00 for the same amount. Maybe some of you already know about this, but I thought I would pass it on to those that don't. Compared to what I payed at the store for tumbler media this is quite a savings.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Good post; useful info; Thanks.
  3. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yup, good info to post.
    I use the same...I buy corncob media by the bag for my blaster and just dip into it when I need to refresh my tumbler.