check this out

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Logansdad, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

This was a refreshing read on a day when many things seemed as bleak as usual. Thanks, Logan, for the introduction to this straight thinking man. I think he would be comfortable here at TFF and we would likewise be so with his participation.

I took the liberty of sending him an invitation to check us out and to introduce himself to all of us. I sincerely hope he will do so. It seems to me that he must be cut of nearly the same clothe as Alan Keyes and Larry Elder, both strong supporters of RKBA, and one of whom I know well.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I just think he's harping a little too much on the racial thing. Gun control affects us all, regardless of what color we are. Historically, yes, gun control was used against certain races. But today we are all affected equally by it. If we're going to fight it, let's fight it together and help each other.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Just remember that the historical relationship of gun control and racism will trip some people's trigger where no other argument will. No one argument is best for every occasion, just as no one gun is best for every situation.

Pops
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I just don't think it's a relevant argument today.

I don't like it when people play the race card to further their agenda. Even if I agree with the agenda. I think today's gun control topics should focus on the real issues, not on some historical information that doesn't mean anything today. Sure, it's a great historical lesson. Just like how Hitler used gun control. It's a good example to use in a historical perspective. But I don't think it means a lot to us in today's struggle to end gun control.
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

But, how Hitler used gun control *IS* relevant.

Think on this: the major incidents of genocide in the 20th Century were all preceeded by gun control.

The Turkish genocide of ethnic Albanians

The Nazi genocide of Jews, Gypsies, etc.

Pol Pot's genocide of his own people

etc.

This is NOT to say that genocide ALWAYS follows gun control, but that gun control makes genocide easier. Therefore, those of us who wish to avoid future genocides think that gun control is a bad idea.

Now, racist roots of gun control are relevant, as well. Right now, one of the largest anti-gun groups in America is the Black Democrat. Why? Because the anti-rights gun-grabbers have successfully conditioned the average black citizen to believe that guns are a bad thing and should be outlawed. By exposing the racist roots of gun laws to these same black citizens, we help wake them up to the injustice being heaped upon everyone, black, white, yellow, brown, red, etc. by gun-grabbers. They begin to see the issue in a different light and understand that gun-control has no relevance to crime, but to *control* over their lives.