Checkless, cashless society is on the way -

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I just came home from Dixon where Judy had a dental apt.
    To kill time until lunch, we wandered around Wally World for half an hour.
    In the toy department was a display of the Monopoly game.
    The sign said "With Electronic Banking"
    Intrigued, I picked up a box and read it.
    No more paper monopoly money.
    Now everyone gets a plastic card.
    There is an "electronic banker" included which looks like a large desk calculator with a card slot in the bottom to credit and debit your card with.

I remarked that with this, Monopoly money will become a collectors item.
    And with OBOZO printing real money at the speed he is, the paper monopoly money may come to have more value than the "real thing".
  2. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

very likely you're right. then the collapse will come and we'll go back to trading gold and silver. a box of 9mm for a crate of food, a pig for a cow, a pair of shoes for a wool hat and a pair of gloves for a shirt. barter is better! :)
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

coulda swore it already did. the rest isnt worth the cloth it's painted on.
  4. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I always tell the wife (as she complains about my guns and ammo). If the SHTF, our guns and ammo will be the most valuable items we have and will be worth more than gold. But until that happens, I'll have to listen to her complain.
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Complaints? Is that what that constant whiney buzzing in my ears is?
  6. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

It looks like to me we are almost there know! :mad:
  7. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    1) There hasn't been any "money" since 1968. Consider that a "note" is a promise to pay money; the green paper we trade around is denominated, "federal reserve notes", i.e., a promise to pay money drawn on a federal reserve bank. Only there is no money. There is no possibility of being repaid. The national debt is the result of wars, particularly Vietnam, that have never been paid off. Inflation is the way the U.S. has of devaluing the currency, so that it can pay off its debts at pennies on the dollar. "Quantitative easing" means putting more green paper into the economy for the specific purpose of devaluing the currency.
    2) Since the Kennedy administration, the U.S. has treated accounts receivable as wealth, hence the sale of debt instruments backed by debt instruments - the difference between that and a "Ponzi scheme" is that they're open and honest about what they're doing.
    3) Congress has delegated its power to create money to the banking system. The Federal Reserve sells debt instruments and then, treating the debt as wealth, loans it out to regional banks, who then treat it as "reserves", multiplying their own lending power by ninety times. Then they loan that out to businesses and individuals with pretty much the same effect. Every time you use a credit card, you are coining money. What people like Max Keiser don't get is that the banking system has to be bailed out because it has become "the government". It's not the greedy "banksters", it's us - just as Pogo said.
    4) In the last days, the "beast" will require each person to bear a number, and no one who fails to bear the number will be in the economic system at all. But I think "the beast" is not a charismatic individual, but a metaphor for the world economic system - it's a mob and behaves like a mob - remember the "flash crash"? Compare that to people fleeing a burning theater. It is a beast because it consists (as Adam Smith said in Wealth of Nations) of thousands upon thousands of individual transactions in which each person attempts to maximize his own interests. In the aggregate, it is nonrational and when fear grips a certain industry, the stock market takes a dive in that area. The world economic system behaves like a pig in a pen with barking dogs around it.

So what does it mean? "The number of the beast is the number of a man" - not "the beast" as a man, but of the individual bearer of the number, me for instance. And it's numeric, sort of like, "666..."; and anyone who lacks the number will not be able to buy or sell. Ok, so "what have you got in your wallet?"
  8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree.
    Those green notes in your wallet are worthless.

Lighten your load!
    Send them to me.
    Use a few of them to pay postage to mail the rest, because the dude at the post office doesn't yet know they are worthless -

(lousy money-grubbing preacher will use ANY opportunity to pass the hat!!)

Seriously, I know exactly what you mean.
    Those pieces of paper only represent what the buyer and the seller agree they are worth, nothing more, and nothing concrete to back them up.
  9. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

ROFL!! those notes have been worthless for over 20 years. many companys and small stores refuse to accept cash. BUT the cash states "for all debts public and private" A guy i knew sued a propane company in court and won, all because the company refused to accept cash for his debt. He refused to use a bank because his grandfathers wealth was wiped out during the depression.