chest holster for the judge?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Jun 28, 2010.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i like to plan ahead and i plan on taking my 6 inch barrel judge with me into the woods for deer hunting this winter as a backup or for defense if need be. i will be in bear country after all. a holster is always nice but when you are bundled up in heavy clothes to keep the cold out it can be a little difficult to snatch a gun off your hip or to get those big bulky sleeves deep enough into the coat to dig it out from under your armpit. i know there is a holster available for some guns that would keep the handle just a few inches under your collar bone (chest holster) and that would be perfect for me in the winter time as i would most likely have my coat barely unzipped at the top anyway and it would be quite easy to reach in that position without getting tangled up. however i cannot find a chest holster for the judge through google or any other method of searching. either i suck that bad or it just isnt out there. just wondering if you guys know of any chest holsters or where i could get one if they are out there.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

3. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i tried googling and i never saw that holster when i looked. going off the picture there it doesnt seem like it would be big enough and im not sure if i could adjust that one enough to hold the gun where i would like. what im shooting for is a holster that will hold the gun on my left side with the handle just a few inches under my collar bone with the barrel pointing strait down with the handle facing my right for a right hand cross draw if that makes any sense. that one you found might be a winner if i cannot find exactly what im looking for. thanks a ton for the link. if you stumble across one like im describing please let me know but in the mean time im going to keep looking. i have until this fall to find one!
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Why not make your own?
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

That gun shown is not a Judge, If you look to the right on the ordering information there is a drop box that you can select the gun this holster will be used for. The Judge is listed in that drop box. J-6.5 is the one you will need. It is listed under sizes.
  6. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

doh! im a dummy

im not very good at "making" things. the only thing ive ever made for any of my guns was a sling i made out of an old belt that im using on my old .303 british enfield. i suppose i could make one if i had a belt holster and a few long straps to work with but i would rather just not hassle with it and buy one that only needs to be adjusted to fit.
  7. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Well, one could say that anyone who made a Boy Scout leather wallet
    should be able to make a pistol holster or rifle scabbard...:D

I'm soon to put that to the test ;)
  8. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i swear im starting to think my scout master was queer or something because we never did any cool stuff like that when i was a kid. all we ever did was play basket ball, go camping and set **** on fire. occasionally we would tie knots in rope.