Chiappa Rhino revolver

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Agentwil, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Everyone take a look at this! Before slamming as the ugliest firearm ever made, look at it awhile. It is so different and such a new idea I want one. Ya Ya I know it has been done before but not like this.

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/55
  2. jondar

jondar New Member

Well, I would rather have a hammer spur on it, but it does have a sort of "different" kind of beauty. Any idea where it's made? The Chiappa kinda sounds like Mexico but mebby not. Any idea of the price? Looks like the finishing on it is Xlnt.
  3. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Their made in Italy and assembled in the US. It fires from the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top. The Rhino’s low barrel design ergonomically shifts recoil energy into the center of the palm of the hand and in line with the forearm thus greatly reducing the effects of felt recoil. The Rhino is designed reduce its carry profile. This design is even carried into the hexagonal shaped cylinder making for a flatter profile when carried. It is supposed to be available in June 2010. I still can't find a price though.:mad:
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

An interesting concept. Kinda ugly, but still interesting...
    Lowering the recoil centerline could be a good advantage in a snubby.
    While it doesn't look like it has any non-slip checkering on it, there does seem to be a pivoting external cocking spur where a hammer would traditionally be.
    Be interesting to see if it's well built and how it will fare on the market.

Hadn't noticed that one before and I've perused Chiappa's site while dreaming about their '86 Winchester replica. Haven't seen any in person so I can't pass judgment on the quality. I don't know if I really care for their blatant usage of the Winchester roll-marking...but it is a replica after all.
  5. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

I agree, I'm real interested as to the quality of their products. I'm all for a new firearms company with so many that have gone out of business.
  6. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I'd sure like to fire one. I don't think I'd buy it (I only get to buy about one gun per year, so this isn't high on the list), but I'd like to try it out.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It is a right ugly thing, isn't it. Thanks for the link, over on the right side of the page there is a link for a 1911 in .22 that sure caught my interest. I might just look into one of those.
  8. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

If seen this before and think the design is somewhat intriguing. Don't really mind the looks either.

The biggest problem I have with it is that if you really look at the guts of the thing, it's got about three times as many parts as any semi-auto handgun. I'm not a fan of the complexity.
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

It is definatley innovative. One of a kind.
  10. 2slow

2slow New Member

I talked to a dealer at the Dayton gun show this last weekend about this revolver. He told me the price would be in the $700-800 range. If I remember correctly it is going to be made of titanium. Seemed high to me for something so new. Hopefully that is going to be the MSRP and the actual price will be more in line with Rugers and S&W's. To be honest though, when he mentioned the price I stopped paying real close attention. But if the quality is anywhere close to the 44mag lever gun he had I would say this will be nice. I just couldn't justify a lever gun from a company that I've barely heard of that cost $100-200 more than a Marlin though.
  11. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Thanks for posting the price and I agree I hope it will be a lower price when released.
  12. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i think ill buy one and put in my edsel,yuk old semperfi
  13. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Even Edsels are worth money now.
  14. arcmartin

arcmartin New Member

these posts are all years old?? did everyone die and go to heaven? or am I in hell? and can't get to the current year? anyway, I have a 5" bbl Rhino that looked and felt (grip) strange but interesting. so, had a good friend and carver make an ebony "rest of the grip" and with my "shot sling straight" wrapped around my neck and the grip, can hit govt drones at 1000 yards either sitting or in flight. would be glad to post a picture if anyone comes back from the dead and wants to see.
    charlie (alive and kicking in kalifornia)
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This is an oldie. That gun is about ugly.