Chicago gun laws out of control.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by gvw3, May 4, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    How the hell is transporting a firearm considered unlawful use of a weapon?!?!? :mad:

3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

It doesn't sound like it should be a problem. The firearm is unloaded. Ammunition is not in the same container as the weapon.

It's too bad Chicago can't just be it's own state, that way the rest of Illinois doesn't have to deal with Chicago BS and I don't have to encase and unload my pistol if I am traveling through there.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. gvw3

Here are some statements I pulled from the state of ILL website.

There is more than one way to legally transport a firearm. However, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, it is recommended all firearms be transported:
    Unloaded,
    Enclosed in a case and,
    By persons who have a valid FOID card.

Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:
    Unloaded, and
    Enclosed in a case, and
    Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

Now here is how Chicago can get away with this

Illinois' Unlawful Use of Weapons law does not preempt local ordinances from banning firearms. Persons carrying or transporting firearms through such communities could be subject to local firearm ordinances. It is recommended that you contact local authorities regarding their firearm ordinances.

How can a city law override a state law? A state law can't override a federal law. Use extreme caution if you need to go through Chicago on you way to anywhere.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Remember, obozo and his cronies run that place and just like new york, they are a bunch of left wing lunatic crazies that would love to disarm EVERYONE. I know why Juker is making his great escape from that liberal pit as we speak.
  6. armoredman

armoredman New Member

FOPA has been corrupted and watered down to the point of uselessness, from what I have seen. Don't go through Chicago with anything more dangerous that your pen, unless you're a criminal. Then it's OK, the Mayor and company LIKE criminals.
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Just a minor thought, here.

He was getting on the bus, in Chicago. That means, to me, that he was IN Chicago (not "passing through" from a spot where it was legal to have to gun to another spot that it was legal to have the gun, which would be protected under the FOPA of 1986). If you are IN Chicago, with a gun, you have broken the law.

Now, if he (the Nevada guy) was visiting someone in Chicago, as soon as he crossed the city limits with those guns in his suitcase, HE BECAME A CRIMINAL. And if the cops found out about the guns, when he was getting on the bus to go back to Nevada, he was still in Chicago, and STILL BREAKING THE LAW.

It seems to me that if you feel the need to go to the City of Chicago, the City of Washington, the State of New Jersey, the State of Massachusetts, the State of New York or the State of California, you need to either leave your firearms at home, or for God's sake keep your mouth shut about it.

Morons run around telling the police, "I'm breaking the law", and then the internet gets upset when said morons get arrested.
  8. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A bit off topic. But I was just wondering if anybody knew what the repercussions would be, if one of the southern-most Great Lakes were to rise about 20 feet and not recede?

Maybe some sort of natural, previously unknown phenomena, where folks had two weeks or so to evacuate.

Just curious.

Sorry about going off topic. :(
  9. gvw3

They would raise the taxes.
  10. norahc

norahc Active Member

Assuming the following:
    1) He wasn't transporting the firearms in accordance with Federal law
    2) He wasn't just passing through the city of Chicago as part of his travels and,
    3) He wasn't changing modes of transportation in Chicago (such as switching buses in a terminal).
  11. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Say, people- check this out. I just got it in an email, and it is not good. You can see it at infowars.com. "We are preparing for massive civil war."
  12. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

I see a great many "gaps" in the story line.

First, why was the gentleman "boarding" the dog in Chicago ? Was a stop there part of his planned - or ticketed - itinary ?

Second, was the gentleman enroute to another destination where he would have been "legal" ? IOW did the "Dog's " schedule or actions cause him to be in violation of local law(s) ?

Third, does Greyhound provide secure storage inside the boarding/examination area for persons enroute that are changing buses ? (There is a benchmark NJ case where a passenger was forced to violate local law due to direct action of his carrier.)

Fourth, if travelers are going to be held liable for violations of local law(s) - regardless of intent/circumstances commerce in the nation is going to come to a screeching halt ! If a municipality can impose draconian restrictions upon traveling with guns, why not equally draconian ones against traveling with cash, or portable computers, or machinery or tools ? IOW, if "potential criminal enterprise"is the peg upon which these municipalities are going to hang their hat, possession of any object they decide to prohibit meets that criterium. >MW
  13. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

It appears to have pulled down. I couldn't get it to show up. If you send me your email, I will send it to you. Don't worry, once I send it, your email will be deleted from my computer.
  14. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

How many crimes are comitted in Chicago by ppl with guns they are not to have ?????????
  15. norahc

norahc Active Member

Are we to include the elected officials in that count? :eek:
  16. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

what was the name of that book where the black drug lord takes over chicago and the killings get so bad that theres like 20 people left

move the decent folks out and let it be so ....

2 years i think it took in the book, allow three

sweep the place with the 1st marines and then resettle like the book ..
  17. Dan01

Dan01 Former Guest

Ha! Americans couldn't pull off a civil war.....No two Americans could agree on who to fight and the majority are too greedy and self centered to do anything effectively.............

I read the article....just more junk!!!!!
  18. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't see an all out civil war. I can see a lot of folks who believe the time is now ( soon ), and dying in the process.

When/if that happens, bHo will once again decide congress isn't needed. Just one or two more of his executive decisions, and all will be right with the country.
  19. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

So what ever became of the scotus decision saying that states could not take such action re firearms?
  20. Juker

Juker New Member

Chicago Murder Rate Up 60% in 3 Months

CHICAGO — Homicides in Chicago spiked by 60 percent during the first three months of the year despite an increase in police resources in some of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods, according to new police crime statistics.

The Chicago Police Department data showed that nonfatal shootings also rose sharply in the first quarter compared with the same three months in 2011.

Chicago police and Mayor Rahm Emanuel say the city has increased efforts to combat gang crime, including adding officers and other resources in trouble spots such as the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side. Police blame much of the violence on the city's more than 70 active gangs and their tens of thousands of members. The mayor has urged residents to take a stand against gangs in their communities.

The police statistics show 120 homicides from Jan. 1 through April 1, compared with 75 over the same period in 2011.

Chicago's gun ban has been a dismal, colossal failure, which is why flaming anti-gun a-hole Rahm Emanuel wants to register all the guns in Illinois. He claims law-abiding Illinois FOID card holders are selling their guns to criminals in Chicago. It's embarrassing to be breathing the same air as people this stupid.