Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Jul 24, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Last week, Chick-fil-A's CEO Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press of his company's steadfast support for marriage and family:

We are very much supportive of the family--the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that... We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.

This simple affirmation of biblical truth has sent homosexual activists into a frenzy. From calling for universities to keep the restaurant off campus, to Boston's mayor vowing to use his political power to keep Chick-fil-A out of the city, these left-wing activists will stop at nothing to make this successful business pay for holding American values. Chick-fil-A may be a private company, but that doesn't mean its executives have to surrender their beliefs. Under the First Amendment, they are just as entitled as any American to speak publicly about their views.

Those of us who share Chick-fil-A's commitment to the biblical definition of the family need to show them that we stand with them (whether or not we're chicken connoisseurs!). Please join thousands of others and "Like" our Facebook post supporting Chick-fil-A's stand. Leave a comment in support, or share the post on your page. Join FRC and eat at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, August 1 for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day - an effort started by Gov. Mike Huckabee to show that Americans stand with them.

Like our Facebook post supporting Chick-fil-A's stand for marriage, then show your support by eating at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday, August 1st

Sincerely,

Tony Perkins
    President

P.S. Please forward this alert to friends, family and fellow church members, and post to your favorite social networks
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

email sent ..
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't think they have any in my area. I would go if they did.
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Great company -
    FUNNY and CLEAN ad's -
    REALLY good food, too!!

Just posted on their site -
  5. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time we went to a Chick-Fil-A before they made that statement.

But we have been there twice since it was made. I stopped last week for lunch and my wife brought home food from there on Saturday on her way home from work. She and I both told them why we were there.

The chicken is real good too, much better than KFC.
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

7. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know where I'll be lunching today.
  8. skullfr

skullfr New Member

another reason to support a company that already was a winner
  9. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

A great company that stands up for what it believes in. They are still closed on Sunday as well so familes can go worship if they choose to.
  10. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Already was there......
  11. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

I'm a frequent Chic-fil-a'er. Have always loved the place.
  12. popgun

popgun New Member

Chick-Fil-A is anti gun. Post many no gun allowed signs in stores in arizona
  13. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Where? I've been to a few in Gilbert and Mesa and haven't seen any. Hopefully signs don't start showing up here.
  14. popgun

popgun New Member

seen several in PHX, also they changed there position. this is a qoute from their F-Book page

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."