Chicken feed has arsenic

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Nov 15, 2011.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

2. H-D

H-D Active Member

mmmmm yummy and the leftover arsenic from the poop gets fed to cows.....Where's my deer meat?
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I think these guy's that ok the arsenic and feed chicken **** to cows need to eat some.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I am raising chickens now and within a year i hope to be albe to provide 1\3 of the chicken we eat. I am also pretty soon gona raise goats. I have 6 acres they will be able to roam on.
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

Arsnic, selenium, cyanide, and numerous other deadly poisons occur naturally in the food chain. In order to avoid them starvation is about the only option.
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

And this "important", how ???

"Arsenic" (among a long list ) is a naturally occurring elemental metal ! The natural process of growing plant/animal materials for consumption concentrates these elements ! Modern husbandry processes blends grains and other food sources for livestock from diverse regions. Some may contain higher/lower levels of particular trace heavy metals, than others. Its always been thus.....

IOW, just because you can measure it, it doesn't mean its significant ! >MW
  7. vytoland

vytoland New Member

tis has been going on for years, along with the chemicals they give to poultry and the stuff they spray on vegetables and fruits. eat up america
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'm much more concerned about female hormones used to fatten up livestock and increase milk production in dairy cattle. Probably why so many American males need to grow a set.
  9. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

Actually its why so many fail to grow a set...
  10. geds

geds New Member

Don't believe everything you read from some of these "authority" websites! Arsenic is a carcinogen when inhaled. It has not been proven to be a carcinogen under any other means of intake into the body.

As pointed out by others, arsenic is a naturally occurring element, so by the website's point of view, the mere fact something is natural should make it OK to ingest as is their point on elderberry juice in the same article.

If you live in parts of the country where the natural backgrounds of arsenic are higher than permissible exposure limits set by the Gov't, your kids and you are eating "toxic" levels whenever they play in the yard and put their hands (or other objects) in their/your mouths before washing them. But fear not, your Gov't requires industry to clean their discharges to cleaner than naturally concurring background levels. Oh, you are really paying for that with your higher utility bills and cost of goods.