1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Chineese restraunts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Aug 14, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Why do you think all chineese buffet restraunts are the same? The same food the same look, the same fixtures, cups, sauce. Most all the people can't speak english. What gives?
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Because they are geniuses!

And all the girls look the same... CUTE! :D

One local buffet used to play Chinese Christmas music all year around until they figured things out. :)

Crpdeth
  3. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Maybe they're all the same "franchise" just with different working names. Not a bad marketing concept actually.
  4. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Hmm, curious. It is kind of unusual that they are all kind of the same. In local restaurants, and there are a ton of them, I've noticed that the food quality is great for about the first year. After that, the food just lays around and gets stale and dries out, nobody bothers to cook fresh food after the initial popularity rush. I know exactly which ones to go to, where the food is still decent.

I think restaurant supply has the same cups and plates and things with oriental motifs on them, that's why those are the same. The Chinese know that they can arrive on U.S. soil and make a killing off Americans that like Chinese food! I'm noticing the Mexican restaurants are popping up all over too.
  5. ARB

ARB New Member

I've noticed that a lot of the ethnic food in places I've been cater to what Americans will actually eat, not what comes from their country of origin.
    I can't find decent Chinese, Mexican, or Indian food around here. Examples: tomato sauce on my mexican food instead of red chili sauce, Curry so weak that I'm not even sure it's curry, and why is everything sweet and sour?:confused::(
  6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Now THAT'S Funny!!!
  7. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Over the entire US there are 4 mian companies that run all the buffets.

They bring folks from mainland china here, pay them in cash, pay as little taxes as possible. They move them around from state to state, so they are temp workers only.

We know several local managers who have told us the whole scam
  8. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Rocket J Squirl, we have several Chinese restaurants that have been in the same place, with the same owners for about thirty years or more. I like the food in one of them better, but both of them are good. They must be going OK, in one of them the husband drives a Cadillac and the wife drives a Mercedes.
  9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I do not know about the 4 company thing. I do know some are good and some aren't. And they tend to stay that way. I like them (the good ones.) Of course there is mostly non english speaking people in them. Otherwise it would be just another "italian" restaurant or steakhouse. Can you imagine a mexican restaurant with your white neighbors running it. I think not. When I want "ethnic" food. I want the real thing.
  10. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

They are the last of the family owned ones. As soon as the next generation takes them from thier parents, they will sel out to the big 4.

Its happening all over. We lost 3 of them within 50 miles of my house.
  11. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I'm kind of lost here, who are the big 4? Do you seriously think people will give up their livelihood to some big operation? This is a college town and the one place is usually always full and the other pretty close, from opening to closing each day. Besides, one is across the town square from the police station and the other is in shouting distance.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  12. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Do Chinese people go out for American food?
  13. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Was at a local oriental buffet, when a ladies cel phone went off, she had a cat squal as here ringtone, you should have seen everyones reaction to it! ROFLMAO..........
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

And it's not even typical Chinese food... Just like the Japanese do, the Chinese have an Americanized food that they prepare which we like but it's only faintly Chinese in nature. The Japanese have their Hibachi style steak houses but that style of cooking really doesn't exist on a large scale in Japan and has more of a Korean influence. The Japanese Steak houses here are really just for show. People go and eat what they think is Japanese and leave happy. I suppose that's all that matters... :D

Most Americans would likely vomit trying to eat real Japanese cuisine, and most Americans also think that a California roll makes them appear more sophisticated. I'll beg to differ on that... ;)
  15. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

That's horrible..:eek::eek:
    I may not like cats, but I would never wish that upon them