Chinese SKS Paratrooper

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Terry G, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Terry G

Terry G Member

I have a Chinese "Paratrooper" Carbine I bought in the late '80's. It was NIB, sling, ammunition vest, oil bottle,cleaning kit, and attached shortened bayonet. The Chinese manufactuer was state factory /26\ which is supposedely their best. My question is what's it worth and was this every really a Chinese Military issue weapon or just a cut down SKS made for the US market? A friend who is big into SKS's say's it WAS issued to the military, the cut down "Cowboy's Companion" and "Farmer's Friend" that did not come with bayonet's or bayonet lugs were made for the US civilian market. It's a handy little rifle, my Son got his first deer with it. I have heard wildly different quotes on it. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I would say about $ 300.00 i am no expert
  3. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Just had the same conversation at the shop a coulple of weeks ago. $300 or less was our appraisal of the one that came through.