1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Chinese SKS Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Twist86, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Twist86

Twist86 New Member

Well we finally got out to the range and the gun worked great but we did have a issue. He got this at a gun show and he bought 2 30 round magazines. One magazine worked fine but the second one after 12 rounds will get a round "stuck" in the magazine. Now by stuck I mean when LOADING the magazine and not when firing. The bullet actually gets pinned and you can dump the other 10 rounds out.

Is this common? The directions said to face the clip nose down, load 1 bullet and "tap" your palm. Doing this got 15 rounds but it stuck even doing that.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

:D You can't say I didn't warn ya!
    If he changes the stock, I'd be interested in the old one. I have a SKSS Para that came to me as a barreled action. I need a stock, trigger group, and mag, so I can shoot it, and semi retire the 1950 Tula SKS 45.
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I had similer problems as well.
    From my experiance with the SKS 30 rd mags they do not do well. i had problems with mine. It takes lots of work to get them right. I could not tell ya how many hours I played trying to get them mags to work. Both metal and poly mags. I just gave up and put the original 10 rd mag in and just have fun. (wasted more money then what it is worth) Some of the SKS's Seem ok with them and some dont. I am shure that there are guys here that will be able to tell ya how to get them to work.

I agree with TRAP55 Just leave it in the original form. If he wants a 30 rd mag go with an AK. They were designed for that kind of stuff the SKS was not. Not to mention you can buy the 39 ammo on the stripers and ready to load up in the gun. I have found its faster to load a full striper than it is to sit there and load the mags. I was timed with a friend that had full mags ready and i Had 10 rd stripers,I still ran more rds then he did messing with that 30 rd mag. Just have fun with it.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012