chinese sks?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gunfreakboy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I got this today. I have to go home to take some pics but I figure I would try to get some info ahead of time. It is an sks . I did some brief research at surplusarms.com and it matches the pic of Chinese version. It has some nip writing next to the serial number 1617865. On other side of barrel is stamped I A C BILLERCA MA All numbers match except for the fixed magazine. The funny thing is that the rear swivel is mounted on the side of the stock like an Albanian model. Stock is in great shape. Am I correct in assuming that it may have been imported by Interstate Arms Corp or something like that? I searched the web for Billerca and found the match Billerica and Interstate arms. Spelling is off by one letter making it a little more mysterious to me. Anyways pics to follow and date of manufacture and value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

This link can narrow down the country if you are unsure
    http://www.simonov.net/uberid.htm
    If this particular factory used the date code it would have been manufactored in 1956
  3. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Thats an awesome link Southern. I didn't get to spend much time there but will check it out some more today. Thanks.