Christians uproot Menorah in Moldova's capital!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by the morning light, Dec 21, 2009.

1. the morning light

the morning light New Member

More acts of anti-semitism! Jewish group denounces uprooting of Hanukkah menorah in Moldova's capital! I don't know why the Moldovian people would get this upset over a menorah. I don't mind that we have a Holiday tree and a 40 foot menorah at our Capital in Washington D.C. and we had an official ceremony and the Air Force band played at the lighting of the menorah. No this doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is I didn't see a 40 foot Cross!

Jewish group denounces uprooting of Hanukkah menorah in Moldova's capital
    by: Maureen Shamee Updated: 15/Dec/2009 14:29

NEW YORK (EJP)---The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) urged the government of Moldova and the leadership of the Orthodox Church to punish those responsible for uprooting a Hanukkah menorah on a main public square in Chsisinau, Moldova’s capital, and replacing it with an Orthodox cross.

A video showed an Orthodox priest, identified by the Moldovan media as Fr. Anatoliy Chirbik, leading a demonstration of about 100 people Sunday at Stefan the Great Square and saying: “We are an Orthodox country. Stephan the Great defended our country from all kinds of kikes, and now they come and put their menorah here. This is anarchy.”

The priest and demonstrators then uprooted the menorah and dumped it behind a statue of Moldovan national hero King Stefan the Great.

“The Moldovan government and the Orthodox Church must punish the perpetrators of this despicable anti-Semitic crime and send a clear signal to Moldovan society and to the Jewish community that the government and the church will not tolerate anti-Semitism,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL’s national director.

In a letter to Moldova’s Ambassador to the United States, Nicolae Chirtoaca, called on his government “to apprehend and punish the perpetrators of this anti-Semitic crime.”

The League said it was particularly shocked at reports that 15 to 20 police officers were at the site during the protest, but did little to intervene.

ADL also expressed disappointment with the official statement from leaders of the Moldovan Orthodox Church, who called the attack “a sad event.”

“The church needs to make clear that this sort of behavior is unacceptable, and should take action to punish any church officials who were involved in organizing the demonstration, including Fr. Chirbik,” Foxman said.

Moldova’’s Justice Minister Alexandru Tenase was quoted by Publik TV as saying the government would not tolerate the desecration of religious objects and “will apply the harshest penalties to discourage anyone attempting similar actions.”

The Hanukkah menorah, which was erected by members of the local Jewish community, was reinstalled and is now under police protection.

See video here:
    http://www.eutimes.net/2009/12/mold...wn-public-menorah-and-placed-a-cross-instead/

ACLU To Argue TODAY That Government's Display Of Mt. Soledad Cross Is Unconstitutional. The Cross is Unconstitutional according the ACLU but I don't see them arguing separation of Menorah and State! This I do not agree with!

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2009/12/09
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Don't you think it is about time to stop stirring this pot?
  3. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Sorry, I don't get it.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  4. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

No good will come of putting this type of trivial news on display this time of year.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

That, sadly, seems to be his aim.

Art
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

7. delta13soultaker

That is fine then, because a man's garden will grow where he plants his needs, and if he wants misery, then that's what will find him.

I'll sleep good tonight, and my Jewish bothers will be in my prayers, along with the Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccans, Hindus, Bahá'í's, Sango's, Eboh's, Legbah's, Kahuna's, and any others it's been my pleasure to have known in whatever capacity.

In the meantime, hateful men don't take a night off.
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

Amen, Delta.

Art
  9. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

hi....

I like fellowship as much as more than most.....

I cant afford righ tnow new firearms or even lots more reports on the range with ones I have.....:D

So.....I spend time socializing here at threads like these....and I want to say it usually does me good.....having been recently disabled for good...
    and trying to cope with pain....

I could spend a lot of text on religion...man....etc....but it is no secret people do things WHILE calling themselves of a certain group or belief....

From killing at abortion centers......bombing children in the name of their God and or beliefs.....it goes on...............

In some words that " Rodney King...beaten black man " used , after of course, he politley borrowed them from ampaterry.....

" Please stop stirring this pot , at least for this period..."

God bless us all and help us all he can and may we be guided to do better and right and help all we can......

from yellerdawg.....to my friends....

Jewish, Islamic , Muslim , Catholic, Christian, Hindu..and all good peoples of our world......

for this is the very near time of celebrating the birth of one...(that no matter how a belief in is determined within a heart)...

is recognized by most of all faiths for teaching to all who would listen ,
    peace and love your neighbor.

yellerdawg
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Well said Delta.

I don't really abide by any religion, but that's my choice.
    And I certainly would not begrudge anyone that chose otherwise.
    It's simply not my place in life to condemn another due to their choice of religion.

Zealots come in all shapes, colors, and sizes, and I don't have time for the hatred. Dissagreement is one thing, hatred will NOT be tolerated.

I'm thankful I'm not alone here on this issue.
  11. delta13soultaker

Well said too, Bobitis.

Ever heard, ""All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." ?

It was said by Saint Francis, about 800 years ago.

His prayer goes:

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is Hatred, let me sow Love.
    Where there is Injury, Pardon.
    Where there is Doubt, Faith.
    Where there is Despair, Hope.
    Where there is Darkness, Light, and
    Where there is Sadness, Joy.

O Divine Master,
    Grant that I may not so much
    seek to be consoled as to console;
    To be understood, as to understand;
    To be loved, as to love;
    For it is in giving that we receive,
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life."

You are right. We do not have to tolerate hate. We shouldn't. It is useless, wasteful, and hurts all who touch it. Hate only has one end.

To repeatedly do the exact same things in the exact same ways but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Merry Christmas, my friend. Peace to all tonight.