Christmas donations (non-TFF)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobitis, Dec 8, 2011.

1. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

My wife firmly believes in "what goes around ..." and although I have also, that feeling has been strengthened in the past almost 25 yrs of marriage.

We always give to groups. I support Autism Speaks, Susan G Komen Breast Cancer, Wounded Warriors Project and Alzheimers research as a biweekly pay deduction. We also try, especially around the holidays, to give to make some family's Christmas a little brighter.

This year, here at work, I was moved to a different area and we have a young woman who has three boys and her husband up and left her with mounting debt and no support. He is now in jail. She works here full time and also at the mall part time to support the family. She recently was very sad and acknowledged to a friend that she did not know what she was going to do for the boys for Christmas as she just did not have the money to do anything. We took a donation among our little group of 7 workers here and gave her almost $500 to buy for the kids for Christmas.

I know I feel better that she does!!!
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Well done, brother!

"I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20:35)
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

I thought I had posted this link here, but apparently I didn't.

If any of you are looking for ways to give, or want to expand your giving, or would like to help some people who truly need help -- We've been supporting this organization for a while now, and they are out there getting the work done. Just a few dollars can change a child's entire life, in places of the world where resources can be non-existent.

http://www.compassion.com/catalog.htm