Chronograph

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by hunte567, Nov 22, 2011.

1. hunte567

hunte567 New Member

What is a good chronograph to get. I dont want anything to pricey, just one that will get the job done. Thanks
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

F1 shooting chrony. Will cost you about 100 bucks.

They occasionally run a sale on em for 80 or so at various online suppliers. watch cheaper than dirt and cabelas for the sales.
  3. zant

zant Active Member

The one I used today was aChrony F1 Beta-has cord for about 20' remote view box....it was great...
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Yup. those Shooting Chrony brand chronographs are good units at reasonable prices.

I've got the Beta Master model (a Beta with the remote display).
    It replaced a non-Master Alpha unit that I loaned to a friend...it wound up catching a bullet from his .270.
    I will definitely recommend spending the extra bit of cash for the Master option (remote display). Makes reading the numbers much easier
    The only reason I got a Beta is because I caught a 40% off going out of business sale and that was the cheapest unit they still hand on the shelf.
    Both are good units.
    The F-1 is plenty good enough for basic use too but after using the Beta a while I do like the string and non-volatile memory features on the Beta.

Here's the Shooting Chrony website. Lists all the models they've got and the features.
    You can browse through the users manuals too to see how everything works before you pick a model too.
    http://shootingchrony.com/index.htm

Like Josh posted, keep an eyeball on the big online suppliers like Midway and you'll catch them on sale quite often.
  5. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

chronies make reloading all the more fun!!! can't imagine reloading without having a one... enjoy.
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Chrony Beta here.
  7. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

F1, look for them used on flEabay or when they go onsale. They'll last for years with proper care as long as you don't feed them any bullets. :D
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have shot mine twice. The diffuser guides are cracked out, but it still works. Just gotta use it on a cloudy day..;)