Church Carry? POLL!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by VegasTech702, May 14, 2010.

?

Right to church carry?

Poll closed May 19, 2010.
  1. As long is it stays concealed... what gun?

33 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Depending on the church's opinion

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Stand up against the church's opinion

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Why feel the need to carry to church?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

Hey friends,

I recently took up argument with my church because they took what I feel is an anti gun stance and made it public that they want no one to carry into their meeting houses, permitted or otherwise. I feel that this is wrong on a fundamental level because God wouldn't give us a right to take it away on Sunday in his house. Be it known that where I am it is not against the law to carry into church so long as there is not a sign posted at the entrance stating they do not permit it. My church does not have such a sign.

In any case, what do you all think?

vt
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Airdale

Airdale Member

If you feel strongly about the subject and the church feels it can't trust it's parishioners it might be time to find another house of worship. If the church has a policy of being anti gun (not just concealed) then I know it would be time to leave. Where I live church is one of the illegal places to carry.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I do not want my ability to carry hampered by someone elses opinion of firearms. I carry and keep my trap shut everywhere it is not illegal. The places it is illegal I stay away from unless it is absolutely necessary I go there unarmed. In NH it's courthouses and the statehouse and everywhere else is legal.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I carry in church but my pastor knows it and welcomes it. There has been numerous attacks on churches and if I were you I would do some research on the subject and print out the results and meet with your pastor. If he is liberal on the matter, I personally would search for another place to worship. I wont frequent any business that refuses the right to carry and I cant sit under the teaching of someone who doesnt believe in my 2nd ammendment rights. It is just that important.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Have you asked them if you can carry a sword, if you have sold your cloak to buy it?

Pops
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

If the church does not want weapons allowed then you either accept that or move on to a church more in line with your views.

I accept that the church has the right to restrict weapons on its property. I believe the church has that right. I would not agree with that decission but it would be what it is. I would either work on the congregation to over turn the prohibition or I would take my support to a church that is more in line with my views.
  7. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Well, there wasn't a option for "I abhor organized religion, and refuse to step foot inside the alter of hypocrisy," so I didn't vote. If I did attend church, though, I would carry concealed, just like I do everywhere else (with the lone exceptions of the local courthouse-metal detectors- and all federal buildings) whether the church "leaders" liked it or not. I personally don't care who doesn't like it.
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

This, I believe, is just like the threads that appear, occasionally. "My sister and her husband are anti-gun, so Dad asked me to not wear my gun to Thanksgiving dinner, so as not to upset Sis and Bro-in-law. Do y'all think I should carry or not?"

My answer to that-type question has been, and always will be, "Ask the guy that told you not to wear your gun if he would rather have you there armed, or have you not be there. Those are the two choices - you being there without your gun is not an option. You armed, or you not there. They chose." So, go to the preacher and give him the same choices. "Do you want me and my gun to be in church Sunday, or do you want me to find another church? Those are your two choices." If he still says your gun isn't welcome, find another church.
  9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Yup.

I would respect any establishments rules of welcome.
    I would then exercise my right to go elsewhere.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I carry every where I go. If it's concealed, no one knows it's there. I agree with the other posters, if the church says no, then move on. I have even carried in D.C.!
  11. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

I think that sooner or later radical muslims will attack Christian churches in an attempt to make people stay home.

Sure would be nice if a couple of ragheads with AK's were met at the door by a bunch of ex-military and police who know how to put someone down.

I think this is coming and it's just a matter of when.
  12. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

At this point they do not have a sign... So it is legal here in Nevada to carry there just against their policy. I told the Bishop that he either accepts me armed or does not accept me. He has yet to respond definitively to my request for his authorization.

If he denies my request, then I will not be attending church. I will just study at home and continue to observe my christian beliefs.
  13. Pustic

Pustic Member

@rentalguy1 I like your attitude, it's the same way I feel.
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  14. Pustic

Pustic Member

If you don't kiss and tell, then who's to know.
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

IMO, if it's conceled, who will know it's there but you. And just like anywhere else, ya never know when you might need it to protect or defend and a church is no exception to the rules of a "nut"...there is no exceptions or guidlines for a crazed individual...that's just my opinon.