Cigars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Greg

Greg New Member

Even though it is not politically correct, for those of you that enjoy a good cigar now and then, which ones do like?

Even though the Montes and Cohibas are good, I am partial to Fuente, Torano, and Padron.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Naw, you need a good Cubano cigar. I smoke Romeo y Julietta #58 Churchills. Don't get much better than that. Going down to Mexico many times a year does have some advantages!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Got a real Cohiba from a guy who went to Cuba on a trade mission. Other than that - I go for Fuentes - Cedar wrapped.
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Unless you are buying twenty year old Cubans, many out there are better quality than Cuban`s could ever approach. Castro`s land programs ruined the soil by over harvesting year after year. The best makers and wrappers left years ago, Cuba that is. But for those who have the money, there are still fifty year old Havana`s out there. As far as what to smoke, depends on the meal or occassion.

LTS
  5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE New Member

Arango Maduro 100's...Vanilla. :cool:
  6. Knuckle_Dragger

Knuckle_Dragger New Member

Partagas Serie D No. 4.
  7. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I quit smoking cigarettes four years ago and tried to make a transition to pipe and cigars as a safer alternative, but upon further research, the risk of oral cancer was too great.
    I smoked Newport box when I smoked, when I smoked cigars, I smoked the real thing, blessed by Fidel himself. I do miss it alot.
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Backwoods Blacks. (OK, so I'm a hick. :D )

Pops
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

......The Monica Lewinski #1............

Hey, what else kind of response did you expect from me?!!!
    :D

mike
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I always wanted to go see the shows..... ;)

I dare not say more.....

mike
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Has nothing to do with shows, cigars, the good ones, are sold in the hotel lobbies and bars! :D :D :D
  12. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Garcia y Vega.
  13. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

I normally smoke most of the Cohiba lineup, but I've been dabbling with the Drew Estate stuff lately. The KubaKuba and the 1400cc from their "Acid" line are smooth. Y'all might also look for a Pinar 2000, really nice stogies.
  14. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

I'm not a cigar afficianado, I do smoke, ( Marlboro Lights 100's in a box please ) I dip, ( Copenhagen fine cut of course ) and chew ( Levi Garrett when the mood hits ). My father has puffed cigars as long as I can remember, Tampa Blunts or something or another. But when my wife and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon, we ( yes I do mean WE ) sampled some Cuban cigars. I bought a few Cohiba's, I smoked one and smuggled one home for dear old dad, my wife bought one that was black and twisted and dried up lookin, and I bought another of some type that I smuggled back home for a guy I work with. I don't know what the big deal is about Cohiba's, didn't taste any different than anything you can buy at the grocery store to me. Don't know about the one I bought for my buddy, cept he said it was ther best cigar he ever had, maybe true, maybe he was being nice, I dunno. But the dried up, twisted, puny lookin cigar my wife had was incredible! She only had a few puffs of it, said "ewww", and handed it to me. We were sitting on our 6th floor balcony drinking Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and puffing cigars watching the sun set < sigh >. The crusty cigar had so many different flavors to it at one time I just can't describe, but it was very enjoyable! Well, that's all I can add to this thread. :rolleyes:
  15. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member