Citadel 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by roadkingsteve, Jan 5, 2011.

1. roadkingsteve

roadkingsteve New Member

Anyone here know anything about a Citadel 1911 .45 acp? I think they are imported by Legacy Sports. Any links to Charles Daley or Para? Maybe RIA?
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Citadel is manufactured by Armscor of the Phillipenes. Charles Daly is no longer in business. Armscor did produce for CD but the contract was not renewed by Armscor. Armscor still produces the Rock Island Armory brands. I have a Citadel 3 1/2 compact tactical model and it has been flawless for me. I have put 230 and 200 grain Hornady HP-XTP and Laser Cast 200 grain SWC through it with out a hitch.

And Legacy Sports International is the importer of the Citadel brand.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I also have a Citadel compact. Well, actually my son shot it a while back and took it away from me to use as his duty weapon (small town cop). I found it to be a very accurate pistol.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

George, you got robbed! Call the police! Oh yea, he is the police.......
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Maybe it was a court ordered removal? Ya never know...he might have been caught with a goat or sheep or something... :D

mike
    gn
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Citadel is made by Armscor and so is Rock Island. Good guns if you ask me.
  7. roadkingsteve

roadkingsteve New Member

Thanks, I researched it and came up with the same. I didn't know anyone who had actually owned and fired one. This one is a full size 1911 in .45 and looks like new but only comes with one mag. and no box or manual. The price was right so I brought it home today. I'll have a range report soon.
    Steve
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Steve, there has been alot of discussion on this gun. I shot one and I really liked it. Especially the trigger.
  9. roadkingsteve

roadkingsteve New Member

I'll see if I can post some pix. Back yard report is: It fires and the slide stays back on the last round. Range report this weekend.

Attached Files:

10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Mike, you been sneeking around watching me??

The trigger on the one that I get to shoot every once in a while is really nice. I have not weighed the trigger pull but I can tell you not to breath on it very hard.

roadking, how is the trigger on yours?
  11. roadkingsteve

roadkingsteve New Member

So far, all I know is from the back yard and it will fire. I will sit at the range tomorrow and let you know.
  12. noslolo

noslolo New Member

I'm looking forward to a range report!
  13. mrstorms

mrstorms New Member

dude i put the same grip on mine. lol.
  14. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

Give us the range report plus the distance, the group size, amount of flyers if any and what ammo your using too ok?
    Note how tight the front frame rails are so you can tell when they wear or loosen up. I can't find any info on what causes this nor hwo many rounds it takes before the wear happens.

I'm not sure if this matters to anyone but the frame is an investment casted frame but they say there slide is forged. I believe the investment casted frame from the phillipines is made from 4140 steel which isn't too shabby. I believe there are a lot of 1911 manufacturers who use this investment casted frame. Does it really matter?

Now all the 1911's from springfield armory and colt are forged steel frames and slides. The chinese norinco 1911 are forged frames and slides also.

I'm not sure about the high dollar 1911's but i would think there forged at that higher cost but i'm not sure.

With that said i can't say if forged steel is better than the casted steel or which one will last longer in the end. I haven't life tested any of them yet. My biggest challange now is seeing if they function or not. I just lube them with moly and forget about it and shoot the snots out of them. I am up to testing my new AO for wear now. I want to see if and when the front frame rails get loose from wear. Bill

BTW; I have been eyeing the Citadel 1911 5'' barrel in 45acp in nickel finish.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  15. Casey

Casey New Member

Gotta love them 1911's! I want to try some SWC in my Remmy but I cant find any around here! They used to be everywhere but since the price of the FF licenses went up a few years ago most places quit selling guns, especially handguns. The only places I can find reloading supplies or SWC in any caliber is either Cabelas or Gander Mountain and GM cut waaay back on reloading stuff.
  16. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Casey, in November they have a gun show in Jefferson. It's like at some horse stable place. Don't remember exactlyw here. They have it there every year and it's a public show. There's a guy there who sells 200gr semi wadcutters that he loads himself. I liked them in my guns.

Can't remember the guy's name but he's always at that show every year.
  17. old doc

old doc New Member

I have both the compact and full size. Trigger is about 5# on the full size and lighter on the compact. Both are as accurate as any 1911 I have fired and eat everything I feed them. They each have 500 rounds through them including hollow points and 200 rounds of Tula fmj. I would suggest that the ACT mags they come with are used just of the range. I use Kimpro Tac Mags, Kimber blued mags and 1 Wilson Combat without problems. Citadels are more than worth the money.

Bill