Class Three Legislation; what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Mar 30, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

If you had a chance to talk to your congressional reps about full auto weapons, what sort of changes would you suggest?

For my 2 cents worth, I would like to see a relaxation of the import laws regarding MG's made prior to 1946. It would be nice to be able to afford a genuine Thompson, BAR, 08 Maxim, etc. All out of my price range due to the limited number of legal examples in the US market.

What do you think?
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

make the laws governing them the same as anything else. background check, and if you come up clean you pay for it and walk out the door.

there shouldn't be any laws banning this or banning that. show me where in the second amendment it says anything about regulation other than to a citizen militia?

also, the regulations (if there are going to be any) shouldn't be at the federal level. they should be at the state level. otherwise the second amendment can be interpreted by the people it's intended to protect us from - which makes no sense at all.

but yeah. no more class iii laws. make em the same as any other firearm. legal to import. if you pay for it, get a BG check, you walk out the door with it same day.

criminals aren't going to register their guns or go through a waiting period of any kind.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a 10 year (or less) "sunset" on every act of Congress. Make them continue to explain their actions. I don't the the GCA of '34 or '68 either would be passed today. Maybe some parts, but certainly not the whole thing.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Repeal NFA34. That would be a start. Then do away with the machine gun ban in GOPA86.