clay shooting?

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by ryan42, May 20, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ryan, Thanks for the info. The answer was not too long.
    We had a lot of family fun with shotguns and a hand-held clay pigeon thrower. We took turns throwing. Because it is being thrown by various people, the trajectory was unpredictable, so made shooting exciting.
  2. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Just got the clay hand thrower gonna try it after supper.Ill let you know.
  3. bobski

bobski Former Guest

for gods sake, make sure the shooter doesnt point the gun at you while you throw it. STAND BEHIND THE SHOOTER and make sure he points away from you.
    you may laugh but many shooters want to see that bird come out of the thrower to get on it fast so tyhey turn towards the thrower. dont allow it!
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

the secret to flinging those birds ryan is , you flick it at the end. good luck.
    and tells us how tired your arms got!
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Thanks for the advice,I got the thrower and hes right handed so I stood about 25 ft to the side of him and back about 5 ft and it all worked well.It took a few before he got the hang of it so we just traded back and forth and had a blast.We plan to buy more shells and do more of it this long weekend.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

8. bobski

bobski Former Guest

just read the details on your wife ryan. wow. i feel for you. so is it wise to consider a 500 mile trip if the wife is on standby for a heart? or is it a good idea to take some of the stress off you and the boy to get away from it for a time?
  9. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Thanks for asking.My first responsibilty is always the wife.She is currently on the heart transplant list but not a High enough level to get a call.Thats because she has the heartmate 2 device that keeps her healthy while shes waiting.She can travel as long as shes up to it.We just have to inform the doctors if were going more than 4 hrs away.We have to give them are itenerary and map out the route were taken so they can inform the hospitals along the route and the closest Heartmate 2 certified hospital closest to you in case she has a problem.Although if shes doing good I might have her stay with her parents and just me and the boy will come.Im glad you asked I need to do a hospital search.Whats the closest big city to you?
  10. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

They have a heartmate center in St.louis and one in Kansas city,which one is closest to you?
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Hey bobski I sent you a pm so I wouldnt have to bore everyone with the personal stuff.
  12. bobski

bobski Former Guest

13. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Prayers from KY. for you and your wife as well.
    My wife got me a thrower for fathers day 2 years ago.
    It was about 75.00 @ wally world and it seems to work very well. My son and one of my daughters and I have used it a lot. It will throw singles or doubles, has a cocking arm to make it easier to load, and it has a seat believe it or not ! The end behind the seat will fit a 2" receiver hitch on a truck as well. Don't remember the brand maybe ALLEN I will try to look it up.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  14. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Me and the boy went clay shooting yesterday and had a little competition.We were short on clays so we both had 5 to warm up and then we did the best out of 5.We tied we both shot 4/5.As soon as he shot the last clay he said (look dad theres a bird and then kaboom)the bird dropped at our feet.It was a blackbird and then he said I won.I just laughed and said ya you won.
  15. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

add about a 4-5 foot handle and you can throw targets out of sight Randy
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012