1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Clayco sighting

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Zigzag2, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    (9/2/01 1:09:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All LTS.... Clayco sighting...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Gun List, $849.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/2/01 4:15:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: LTS.... Clayco sighting...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don`t have gun list....what are the specifics????
    "am not" R2

AntiqueDr
    (9/2/01 4:40:29 pm)

Go to www.saarmfg.com. They have it on their website at $995, but it's in their ad in the 9/16 Gun List at $849.99.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 9/2/01 5:42:04 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/2/01 6:29:29 pm)
    Thanks Doc, that is an oddball. Never seen a Clayco with red furniture or in a side folder, nor a magazine like that. I sent a message to them asking for more information, as "very good" does not mean much to us. Thanks a million!! LTS
    "am not" R2

Bob In St Louis
    (9/2/01 8:31:34 pm)
    That magazine in it is a Norinco - see the little triangle near the base of the mag? Is kind of interesting - looks a lot like the B.A. West American assembled AK from Chinese parts - except the side folding stock on those was more of a tube than wire stock. I kinda have my suspicions about rather this is a complete Chinese made or an American assembled piece.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/5/01 6:04:43 am)
    Re: LTS.... Clayco sighting...
    The triangle on the magazine is Factory 66, which later became a part of the Norinco group. Have you found out anything yet LTS?

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/5/01 6:57:12 am)
    Bob, they have not responded to me as of yet. I`m with you though. This rifle has to many things in question, though early AK`s are a strange breed and there were some oddballs.....it could be one. Things that bother me on this one after all the research I did on these, shows "no" sidefolders, at least they were never mentioned while looking for the original numbers imported. I know of the Norinco mags and maker and this could be just to set the red furniture off, but the red furniture does not fit the time line of that rifle or imports period.

I ask them for a full discription and to verify it is a clayco 100%. These are fairly easy to see if they have been modified as these were some of the first and are marked with the serial numbers or a portion of them throughout the rifle, including the underfolder[complete serial number] (sidefolder in this case) and that does not look like the style for that period, but stranger things have happened. As of yet......no responce to my inquiry. I figure if they responded and it was a piece gun, they would simply say it was sold. Going to call today and see what they say or attempt to say. LTS
    "am not" R2

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/5/01 6:14:49 pm)
    Chopped up parts gun.....poly-tech folder and furniture. drilled receiver for folder and in 80-85%.....995.00 a real deal at 849.99......RIGHT!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Doc. glad everyone is keeping an eye out for me. LTS
    "am not" R2

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/6/01 5:43:19 am)
    Yup - I knew something wasn't right about it. I do like that wire side folder stock though.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/7/01 8:12:50 pm)
    Bob, it is nice....but it`s a stock that`s pretty common (poly-tech) 87-89. What get`s my goat, is this bafoon had to drill the back of the receiver to attach it. He cobbled a very fine weapon to be cool. He may get the money he`s asking, to me it`s worth $500.00 max and thats if you caught me on a GREAT DAY.....
    I could be wrong......Nah!