CLEAN!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by JLA, Dec 6, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

A clean bore is a thing of beauty. I wish my digital was charged...

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

and what rifle r we looking at?
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

at looks like the business end of a smith and wesson 357 *start austin powers voice* magnum baby * end voice *

lol
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

oh come on you can't tell that for picture????????????
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Beth, they are pulling your leg. That is JLA's S&W 357mag DCM. He has shown it to us before just to make us drool. It has unique adjustable front sight. That wasn't bad enough and then Zane goes and gets one too only nickle and the drooling just continues.

Todd
  6. johnlives4christ

i can to tell what type it was... even though i did know what it was lol. try me...not something weird lol
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Time to get it dirty again.......
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

U saw the picture before come onnnnnnnnnnnn
  9. johnlives4christ

nope. i new jla had a smith but never seen the pic. mind you... i have ate slept and breathed guns since i was 18
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I, myownself, thought "Python", but yeah, vent rib, full underlug, and the glare makes it look blue. Hole looks right for 357. Smith "L" frame and Colt 41 frame are the same size.

Beth, many years back I was a spectator at a cowboy shoot with a girl that makes jewelry. She said something like, "Wonder what kind of rifle he's using". I said it was a '73 Winchester. Now, we were some 40 or 50 feet away, and she was skeptical. "How can you tell?" I asked her if she could tell the difference, with her beads, between onyx and coral and opal and amethyst, etc. She said of course she could. I asked her how she could tell. "Been doing it for years. I know what they look like". I told her it was the same thing.

You've been doing the gun thing for about a year and a half, right? Don't know about John, but I been messing with 'em close to 40. Sometimes you just "know", and don't even know how you know.
  11. johnlives4christ

9 here. man remember when they had that "name this cartridge" thread... wonder about a name that muzzle thread.
  12. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Aint no mistaken the end of a .3 5 7 MAG (DCM)! And must say Josh, you got that "beast" clean! Time to get it ready to be cleaned again...*wish the weather would coperate long enough so I could get mine dirty* I wanna shoot!!!
  13. Zane71464

Ok, ok josh....I had to come back and have another look see...:) ahhhhh, nice! A fine Revolver and a FINE example of top quality Gunsmithing at it's best!!! Ive cleaned and cleaned both of mine and all I can do is look at them right now...:( Thinking if it would at least hit 32 D tomorrow, I might be able to get mine out and make it all dirty again!!!:)
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That is a Q-tip nestled into the end of my S&W 586 DCM ''magnum baby yeah'', the light from my T-5 lightstrip over my desk is reflecting off the Q-tip and lighting up the interior bore. I lapped this bore about 4 or 5 months ago and everytime I clean it it brings a smile to my face.

BTW, I mostly only shoot lead in my handguns lubed with my own formulation of homemade boolit lube. This barrel was last crudded with bluedot and 158 gr WFN, I abandoned the bluedot loads because titegroup and unique waaaay outperformed them...
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Johns got a keen eye, as do most of the rest of the gunnuts around here. My boss wheels out an 1861 springfield rifle musket stamped 1863 on it at christmas one year. As soon as he rounded the corner with it i told him what it was. One of the other drivers thot I was BSin, but when Rob set the rifle on the table and mark could see the stampings on the reciever he looked at me and said, "youre in the wrong business" I said "I know" but stirrin poo sure pays the bills better than smithin does. So i do both;)
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

BTW, the business end of my 1911 and my ruger SBH both look the same.

The digital should be charged and I aint cleaned the 1911 yet so ill do a before and after for yall...
  17. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok i will give it to u gun nuts-
  18. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I would recognize that front sight anywhere. :D
  19. Zane71464

:D I reckon so...NICE!!!! :)
  20. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Helix is the one that hooked me up with this bad boy earlier this year. got me it for 425 + transfer. It has a clean 15 oz. SA trigger pull courtesy of Mr. Helix himself.