Cleaning and Lubricating

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Marlin, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Can anyone give me the low-down on Prolix®.

Some details at this site:

Prolix® Lubrication/Solvent

I have heard some mighty good things about it and read the write-up Chuck Hawks has on it but not heard about it otherwise. It sounds like a good product but just wanted to know who else might have used it.

Also, I haven't been able to find any in NW Alabama or SW Mississippi. Where would one most likely find it, other than ordering directly??
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Sir Marlin, I have used just about every snake oil to hit the market. I have never used the same twice---use what I bought till gone.....try something new. Until-!! Doc turned me on to "Rusteprufe" I have been on it now for over two years---nothing touches my firearms except it-Period!!. Cleaner and protector in one. Have a rifle at camp (camp gun) stored out in the cabin and has been for over a year, not cleaned since done with the above.....no rust-no gunk-nothing and I don`t worry about it either---heck one time it was under water for a couple of days down there.....you would never know. If it gets better than that......."I`ll Switch"

LTS
  3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

It DONT get better than RustPrufe.