Cleaning My Hi Point C-9

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rhuga, May 1, 2012.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Well I did it. I was trying to clean this gun and wouldn't you know the firing pin assembly came out and went all over the place from the springs. I found the two springs. But, the spacer that apparently is between them has vaporized and I can't find it.

I watched the Youtube Video about cleaning and take down. I don't understand how the main spring goes back together with the receiver. (sigh)
    The guy in the video makes it look easy. Calling Customer Service in the am.

This is why I hate autos. too complicated. Give me a wheel gun anytime.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

The Hi Points are not a lot of fun to take apart. Consequently, I clean mine the best I can without taking off the slide. The slide only comes off about every 500 rounds, or so.

If you can't find that spacer for the firing pin, Hi Point will be happy to send you another one. My experience with their customer service was excellent. That spacer might even be obsolete now. Ask them about it when you call Hi Point. I have a vague memory about that, but I really can't remember for sure.
  3. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Dutchboy: Thank you for your post. You give me hope for a great outcome.

Since it was a new pistol, I thought it appropriate to clean it for the first time after the range.
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I use a can of brake clean after 1000 rounds and it works wonders. But all my autos are steal frame so i dont worry about all that polymer that they use now.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I use brake clean to clean the bolts on my rifles. Gets all the junk out without pulling them apart.