Clinton/Kerry Let Felons Vote

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, May 27, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I can't see how this will be good for law abiding citizens or law enforcement. I do see Castle Doctrine laws being jeopardized by something like this. Gun ownership being jeopardized also. :mad:

Clinton/Kerry Bill to Give Vote to Felons
    May 26, 2006
    Jim Kouri

by Jim Kouri, CPP

While Senators Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and John Kerry (D-MA) attempt to push a bill through the Senate that would restore voting rights for felons — including killers, rapists and child predators — such a law would receive a cold reception by most Americans, according to a just-released poll. And some believe Clinton and Kerry — with the help of some news organizations — are trying to sneak their bill under the public radar.

A new poll conducted by Zogby Interactive for Associated Television News and The O’Leary Report shows that a clear majority of Americans, including blacks and Hispanics, are opposed to the restoration of voting rights for former felons.

The Zogby/Associated Television News poll findings show that Americans oppose aspects of the Count Every Vote Act sponsored by Senators Hillary Clinton and John Kerry that would restore the voting rights of former convicted felons. Fifty-three percent of the American public believes that such a law giving back the right to vote to felons is bad for the country.

Another 71% of the country feels that the motive for such legislation is to help win elections. Both Clinton and Kerry are expected to run for the Democrat nomination for President of the United States.

Twenty-three percent of the American public believes that felons, as a class, who are released from prison should get their voting rights back while 70% of Americans believe the vote should be restored on an individual basis and not as a class.

Between 79% and 90% of the American public believes that anyone who has used a gun in a crime or guilty of a sex crime or a violent crime should face tougher standards in having their voting rights restored than those individuals convicted of a non-violent crime.

Vermont and Maine are the only two states in the country that allow felons to vote while incarcerated. Depending on the severity of the crime, between 70% and 80% of the American public opposes such provisions in the law.

One reason given for the introduction of the Clinton/Kerry bill was to return a racial balance to the disproportionate number of blacks serving time in our prison system for felonies. Yet, 61% of blacks and 66% of Hispanics believe voting rights for felons should be returned on an individual basis and not as a class as the Clinton/Kerry bill would do.

One political strategist believes the push to give amnesty for illegal aliens and for felons is driven by the desire to increase the Democrat Party base.

“Whether they admit it or not, the Democrats need lawbreakers such as illegal aliens — who are being illegally registered as Democrats — and killers, rapists and robbers in order to increase their base of far-left voters,” says Mike Baker, political strategist and pollster.

“While most clear thinking Americans reject their [Democrats] agenda, criminals and people who don’t understand English, who number in the millions, is an immense bump in the numbers of their party’s base. And should such a bill be made law, look for them to pander to criminals and oppose law enforcement,” he added.

Link
  2. Green

Green New Member

There are some stupid laws that make one a felon. Being gun collectors,we should all know that. A blanket law is not the ancwer. Perhaps the individual approach might work. Any law abiding citizen could become a felon at the sroke of a pen. I'll bet there are those walking around out there who are felons and don't even know it. As far as the illegals and garnering votes, thats' the two party system for you. Bush is one the bign's behind that also.
  3. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

The only party I see in that article are liberal dems. As far as making a felon out of a law abiding citizen that also seems to favore the dems. Most of the gun laws they push do more harm to gun owners than to criminals.

I wonder if your beloved dems would also push to give the gun rights back to those same felons they want votes from?
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Just goes to show what the world is coming to :mad:
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

It's so OBVIOUS. How to BUY votes......

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. Green

Green New Member

I see nothing wrong or untrue about my post. I don't understand yours though. And I am not a Dem. nor one of your beloved Repb's.
  7. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Whats wrong with your post? Bush has nothing to do with it and there was only the mention of one party in the article. When you show me a party that is pro gun and can win an election I might not be so pro GOP, until then they are the best game in town for gun owners. Dems have proven themselves to be the worst game in town for gun owners.
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Very well stated, as usual, to bad its sooo true.

"Buy votes" Marlin said, ummmm where? lol Is it that obvious?

Now for the article and there polling, I have to say that I fall in the with the majority that they polled.

Case by case basis to get voting rights back would be alright with me. For some reason I saw a quote from Green but his post isn't there, I don't know why.
  9. Green

Green New Member

" Whats wrong with your post? Bush has nothing to do with it and there was only the mention of one party in the article. When you show me a party that is pro gun and can win an election I might not be so pro GOP, until then they are the best game in town for gun owners. Dems have proven themselves to be the worst game in town for gun owners."

With the gun issue,I have to agree.
  10. Green

Green New Member

" Case by case basis to get voting rights back would be alright with me. For some reason I saw a quote from Green but his post isn't there, I don't know why." Marlin -T, I see all my posts above. Not sure which you are refering to.
  11. IBFrank

IBFrank New Member

Of course the Dims and libs want criminals to vote. That's their constituency, the people they most favor, people like THEM! And the ACLU! They are the party of degenerates, perverts, criminals, anti-Americans, anti-religion, and anti-gun.
    They want guns banned because they know exactly why the Second Amendment is the most important, to rebel against people like them!