CLOUDER...Need help

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/14/02 9:50:15 pm)
    Reply CLOUDER...Need help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know this is the wrong board to ask this question,but I think in order for me to draw on clouders extensive knowledge and intellect I have to ask the question here....Clouder I have a mildot reticle on my primary rifles scope, I am shooting at long ranges and I want to start using the mildots as a rangefinder,I am told I need a mildot master to better get shooting solutions out of the mildot reticle.How do I compute with the mildot master and in your opinion is the Marine mildot system better then the Army mildot? I know you won't let me down and you will share your knowledge with all of us.

Thanks for your help..Les

Edited by: LIKTOSHOOT at: 5/15/02 11:59:14 am

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 7:33:15 am)
    Reply Re: Need help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may find yourself nicely surprised. LTS
    T.F.F.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 10:58:53 am)
    Reply Re: Need help
    idsteff:

You're right, wrong board.

And your name is Les. How appropriate.

Clouder..

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 11:06:22 am)
    Reply clouder
    this is the only place where I can find you and hope to take advantage of your knowledge and intellect
    besides according to you everyone flocks to read your posts,so here is the only place I can find anyone! You must be one frustrated pathetic lonely person! Clouder if I go to the proper board will you help me with mi ldot problem?

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 11:17:33 am)
    Reply nicely surprised?
    LTS,I ain't surprised he's is a mental midget when it come to firearms,he probably is not sure which end the bullet thingy comes out of...I would have been shocked if he even knew what mildot meant--before going on the web and reading up on it...

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 11:42:31 am)
    Reply Re: nicely surprised?
    Don`t gloat so soon and remember......never set youself up for a fall, if you don`t really know the poster or his background. Just a small hint. LTS
    T.F.F.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 11:48:56 am)
    Reply Re: CLOUDER...Need help
    idsteff:
    On second thought, I'll cut you some slack, even though you are baiting me.

Specifying ‘long ranges’ is like defining the length of a piece of string. You do not need the ‘Mildot Master” if you have a calculator or a brains that works like one. The Master is simply a device that does the calculations for you, kind of like a slide rule, but warning, you have to be smarter than the card. Mildot is fine but it depends on what you’re shooting at. To use them and the Master you need to know how big the target is as precisely as possible. For unknown target sizes, sniper applications for instance, you will have to use experience for make a best guess. The Army and Marine dots read differently. The Marine uses decimal equivalent graduations that convert to eighths of inches. For example, the Army dot subtends .2 of an inch, the Marine dot (more an ellipse, actually) subtends 2/8ths of an inch. Which you use will depend on which you know how to use. They’ll both do exactly the same thing.

You ask “How do I compute using the mildot master” My guess, badly

Clouder..

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 3:58:21 pm)
    WELL?????????????????
    T.F.F.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 5:00:46 pm)
    Re: CLOUDER...Need help
    Serve and return.

(And, another example of erudition over bombast. Ah, it can be a fine line, can't it?)

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/15/02 5:21:08 pm)
    Re: CLOUDER...Need help
    My name is Alfred Hitchcock, what's yours?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 5:33:40 pm)
    I give up!

Clouder..

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 7:34:01 pm)
    Reply need help
    LTS Wellllllllll it shows he can read information from a web site after going to google and looking up midot master--I did the same and read just about everything he said,I am happy with his ability to read and your faith in his ablity to read

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 8:34:31 pm)
    Reply Re: need help
    Idstef, I`m not going to be drawn in on this one. But keep in mind, I know enough to know.....Clouder knows his stuff and after two years of watching his posting on just about any subject, he is far from as limited as you believe. Ambush is fun, ever play??
    LTS
    T.F.F.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 8:54:00 pm)
    Dang, this is a throw back to Ping-Pong Diplomacy!!

I love it!

Now hang on, I gotta go pop a bag of popcorn, pull up a comfy chair, and wait for the next serve --
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/15/02 9:07:35 pm)
    Reply need help
    LTS I am a shooter I live to shoot,it is my last big thrill out of life,I am not here to play some silly assed mind games with anyone for any reason I am not here to be cute to play ambush,or play any of these infantile time wasting games..Some of these people seem to be serious about shooting and weapons.I have yet to read one word out of his warped mouth concerning shooting or firearms.The only thing coming from him has been thoughts about him,now with your endorsement of his greatness I guess it makes it unanamous.If this is some sort of pissing contes I don't need it,for hime constantly referring to you moderators as biggots,half brained,half wits and having their feet in their mouths,well that seems to be an internal problem with you people.I am still a shooter I will not start telling you guys how stupid you are because you used the wrong sentance structure and frankly I don't give a damn how you spell your words,as long as I can understand your meaning.The little man is sold on himself and that is that,you are apparantly also sold on him,thats fine ,I am still a shooter looking to pick the brains of people more experianced in aspects I work with.I am not a cute little punk trying to impress people with my use of a thesaurus,I consider that truely childish.I am a mature man who loves to shoot and is looking to better himself in this artform.I do hope this is the place to find people who can shoot and load, and fix firearms....I don't give a damn about their ability to put down the other people on this site or their ability to use a thesaurus! Any fool can read,the ability to be civilized is something some people haven't a clue about!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 11:40:47 pm)
    Re: need help
    Idsteff - whatever I may think or not think of whiteclouder all I can say to you is you really don't know the man at all.

And your comments show you to be on the defensive here - not really a good place to be standing I would think and expecting to win a battle let alone a war.

But never let it be said I stood in anybody's way if they wanted to crash after having been given some very good advice by LTS and the others.

Have at it!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 1:36:01 am)
    Idsteff's response to the above was deleted by me.

Idsteff, now you are out of line.

Yes, this place is one where you can ask and answer all manner of questions about guns and shooting, and other topics too from time to time. We do not attempt to stifle spirited discussions, either, and probably allow more leeway than we should.

Comments like those in your post will not be tolerated.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 5/16/02 2:38:42 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 5:17:51 am)

Quote:
    I am not here to play some silly assed mind games with anyone for any reason I am not here to be cute to play ambush,or play any of these infantile time wasting games..

Quote:
    NOTE: Personal Attacks, Threats Or ANY Other Type Of Harrassment Will NOT Be Tolerated On this Board And TFF Staff Will Remove ANY Such Postings And You May Be Banned From This Site!

These include attacks made by ambush or silly assed mind games made with sugar and satire.

"I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Edited by: warpig883 at: 5/16/02 6:20:01 am

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 7:59:41 am)
    One day a farmer's donkey fell into an abandoned well.
    The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
    Finally, he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, so it just wasn't worth it to him to try to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him.
    They each grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.
    Realizing what was happening, the donkey at first cried and wailed horribly.
    Then, a few shovelfuls later, he quieted down completely.
    The farmer peered down into the well, and was astounded by what he saw.
    With every shovelful of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing.
    He would shake it off and take a step up on the new layer of dirt. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off, to the shock and astonishment of all the neighbors!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt.

The trick to getting out of the well is to not let it bury you, but to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping-stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up!

Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred.

Free your mind from worries.

Live simply.

Give more.

Expect less.

Also, the donkey kicked the shit out of the guy that tried to bury him.
    Which brings me to another moral for this story:

When you try to cover your ass, it always comes back and gets you.

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 8:01:29 am)
    Would somebody please let me know just how long does a
    "Satisfaction Attack" last?

Charlie D
    No one can make you feel
    inferior without your consent! *

* Your post is well meant
    and appreciated! Thanx ZZ

Edited by: Different name at: 5/16/02 9:06:02 am

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 8:20:08 am)
    DifferentName (CharlieD)

I would hope one would never get over a satisfaction attack.

Oh wait - maybe we're talking different types of satisfaction attacks here....oops.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 8:24:49 am)
    Very good, Ziggy.

Idsteff, I didn't get to read what you said to TLynn, but if it was derogatory you ought to get an attitude adjustment. The lady don't deserve any disrespect.

GG

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/16/02 8:45:35 am)
    What you don't say can't be repeated

OR USED AGAINST YOU.

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 9:06:50 am)
    ezSupporter
    NOR ME "T" !

To hold for ever is a
    really good measure!
    (Also fashionable and stylish)

Charlie D
    Always quiet and calm....

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/16/02 9:11:02 am)
    Reply need help
    GG...I didn't know that was a lady,what I said was way out of line and I apologize for that.it was totally wrong for me to say that to a lady,,,I am sorry.What got my shorts bunched up was the remark of like to shoot"ever play ambush?" and tallt "you seem to be on the defensive and thats a bad place to be here" I am not here to play games,I don't know which of my early posts on this site I was called basically a racist by clouder,right after that clouder made references to my lack of intelligence etc/etc I don't know him don't want anything to do with him the less I hear about him the better!.The remark of LTS "ever play ambush?" leads me to believe there are some people here playing some kind of silliy ass*d mind games.Then TTL remark about being on the defensive further led me to believe I had some narrow minded clique playing games...If I knew it was a lady I would never have said what I said about where she could put her remarks.
    I am here to glean information about firearms,my first post was on the general discussion board and thats where the mouth first attacked me,believe me he is like a pimple on my a*s,I try to ignore it but every once in a while it gets my attention when it bothers me.That first night on general discussion board he was calling you guys biggots,mean spirited,narrow minded,illiterate and racists,and my question was then was about an Intratec pistol.After his little pi**ing contest you guys moved his crap over to "fire for effect
    I am not here to play mind games, I hate cliques and I have no better of an idea what he is trying to prove then you do!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 9:18:51 am)
    Endorsement, I don`t think so. Some always lay claim that I endorse Whiteclouder....just as you have. That really means little to me. I simply know his style of writing, confrontation and the lot (as much as you can know someone without eye-to-eye) If you wish to battle with him, he is more than able....BUT!, if you were to ask a question "nicely" I would be willing to bet, you would receive the same in an answer. Try it. I offer no endorsement to anyone, simply knowledge of someone whom I have known for a couple of years via the internet. Just for your information, I have suffered the rath of Whiteclouder much worse than you AND as a matter of FACT, several here have, long ago. Sometimes we get caught up in the word war and it goes downhill from there. Most have shaken hands and called it, done. We walked away and considered it a learning expierence.....some just hold on the the venom and it poisons everything to come. Thin skin is a non-working item here on the net. When you open yourself up to the public, you do just that. Though I have tried to be nice and give "nice" hints.......you have gone after me too. What would be the reason for this?; because I know this person, or should I side with you? Call me miffed......so far you have attacked several in this thread. You only care for shooting, that`s fine......some of us don`t limit ourselves and do think outside the box. You started this thread with a direct insult/sarcasim to Clouder, then become PO`d because you receive it back. I think if you will step away from the personal feelings you have gathered against the man, you might find him a true friend.......can that be a bad thing? Because someone has a vast amount of knowledge, doesn`t make them better than us.....it allows us to pick that brain and either learn or come away thinking deeper on a subject than before. I don`t get along very well with several people here, so......we still manage to go about our day and enjoy posting. It takes a lot of time to learn someones style on the net and the meaning......because they are words from afar and not face to face. If you and others here feel I am a drum thumper for Whiteclouder, your wrong. But I do love to pick his brain as I do many here. If you want a history war, try Polishshooter on for style......he can wear you down just reading his LOOOONG responce. (LOL) but you have yet to cross his path. This place was built by people with vast amounts of knowledge and some who simply enjoy reading or posting. You can become involved and enjoy, or fight and learn nothing. I learn something each day from here.......even in the petty fighting......it gives insight to the poster and builds a picture of said person. Just as in a family, there are bumps along the road......you travel over them and move on. If you consider this support for Whiteclouder or any other person I may give hints about, guess I won`t change any minds.....but also keep in mind, some of us have known each other for years and even through the battle of wits.......we`ve come away friends. That`s all. Best LTS
    T.F.F.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 9:22:27 am)
    idsteff, I'm proud to announce "You've WON" lol

On a more serious not however, as you know by now most of us are here to utilize TFF to it's fullest. Whatever that may be?
    You should also know by now, that we do try to pick and choose or words so we don't intentially "flame" anyone.

OK ... ok, Clouder is the exception to the rule. He obviously is entertaining us all here in the FFE forum.

We're here to have fun and share our knowledge, and lack there of.

So don't be offended, grab another cup-a-joe and jump on in

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/16/02 9:33:30 am)
    Reply endorsement?
    LTS I keep reading my posts and I can't find a mention anywhere of endorsement....Please show me where I once said you endorse anyone...you say others say you endorse him--well LTS I am not into cliques but if the shoe fits wear it!He will help me if I ask nicely? you gotta be kidding me..what we have here is one hell of an ego problem,like a bunch of women in an office,everyones egos are so fragile watch what you say and how you say it....I am not gonna play your games, life it too short and shooting is too much fun to be sidetracked by a group of egotistical lame brains who must have their egos stroked before they will play!!! play ambush? what did you mean by that?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 9:56:46 am)
    Reply Re: endorsement?
    "LTS I am a shooter I live to shoot,it is my last big thrill out of life,I am not here to play some silly assed mind games with anyone for any reason I am not here to be cute to play ambush,or play any of these infantile time wasting games..Some of these people seem to be serious about shooting and weapons.I have yet to read one word out of his warped mouth concerning shooting or firearms. The only thing coming from him has been thoughts about him,now with your endorsement of his greatness I guess it makes it unanamous."

I believe the above speaks to you claiming I endorse him, but I could be wrong.

The ambush question: "Ever play ambush?"

Well, do you know what an ambush is? I`m sure you do. This was a hint to you, but you ignored it and others I left. You assume Whiteclouder has no knowledge of firearms. You allowed yourself to continue to slide into the trap......you laid for yourself by continuing to make that claim. Whiteclouder is a shooter, a master at the "ART OF THE RIFLE" I could have just let you bury yourself, but thought a hint of a oncoming ambush to you would help, before you dug a deeper hole. Guess I was wrong. No games and clicks (sp) for a reason. Like I said before, you do not know this man.....I still think you can learn from him, that will be up to you. Regards LTS
    T.F.F.

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/16/02 2:47:58 pm)
    C’mon zig. He won? But----but-----but I----I didn’t know it were a contest. I’da tried harder. Aw, t’hell wid it. I’m gonna go eat worms.

Idsteff:
    I took the time to go back and re-read ALL the posts on these two threads. I admit, and why not, I stepped on your neck a couple of times but it was just lying there, all stuck out ‘n neked. Sorry, but I can’t resist that, try as I might. But if you look. I took a lot more fire than you ever did, and I got it from everybody, I always do. SO WHAT! I don’t like it, I can leave, that’s the common sense rule. And if I’m asked to leave, I'm gone. That’s MY rule.

I never doubted your intellect or knowledge. Go back and read, you’ll see. If there is a clique here (and I agree with you, I think there is, duhhh) you may rest assured I am not a member. LTS has been in my face more times than I can count, sometimes fairly, sometimes not (mind you, that’s MY perspective). But he is not my enemy. Is he my friend? Yeah, I think so, as far as cyber-guys can be.

So take a deep breath. I took exception so something you said and expressed that exception. You come back hard. Your mistake. Like I said, your intelligence is not disputed by me, but I think you’re stupid. Now before you fly off the handle again, look at M-W’s third definition. That’s you.

Ask a sincere question in a civil manner and 99 percent of the people on every gun forum I know will reciprocate. Don’t and you’ll invariably run into another whiteclouder. I’ve been cloned.

Clouder..

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 2:55:52 pm)
    Idsteff, first of all thank you for your apology to Tall T, and there is no way at the time you could have known she was a lady.

TFF is growing leaps and bounds, some of the old timers here on this board feel it is there home away from home. We want you to feel the same way that it is your place too. And we even want the super star intellectuals who's shoes we are not worthy to kiss to feel it is their home also.

But we have to play nice with each other, no pi**ing contest, no moaning and groaning about someone else peccadillos...unless its in pure fun and a delight to both parties as well as the rest of the folks that post and read here.

And I agree with you that talking guns is a heck of a more worthy subject to discuss than trying to demean or put someone else down.

Please take advantage of all our threads and enjoy yourself with some good company.

Gunguy

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/16/02 3:55:01 pm)
    Re: endorsement?
    If we can change bitter to sweet and have a positive
    impact on one persons life, then all that we have done
    was worth it.

Just a thought!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 4:52:30 pm)
    FEEL THE LOVE

Ok,
    Idsteff with his .50 and Clouder with his dictionary are standing back to back in the hot sun at high noon

LTS,
    Quote:
    If you want a history war, try Polishshooter on for style......he can wear you down just reading his LOOOONG responce

You made me laugh with that one. Where is Polish anyway.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 4:55:27 pm)
    HEY TAC....

The only way to have a life is to commit
    to it like crazy!

Charlie D
    Of course, it's all right letting
    yourself go, as long as you can
    let yourself back.... *

* The Ideal Structure for TFF
    is one that remains so....

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 8:56:49 pm)
    Excuse me??? It shouldn't matter whether I'm female or a man. Your response should be the same. If you think I can't handle what you've got to say - you need to get a life (a real one).

Now you started out deliberately to antagonize another poster (who don't get me wrong probably deserved it) and then get upset because you get called on it?

Get a life! Grow up! And please spin the roulette wheel again to see what happens.

Have a nice life!

ladr
    (5/27/02 10:57:28 am)
    I would add a reply, but then he would say I am in the "clique" also, which would lead to a fuss....and we all know I do not fuss with anybody, even folks that appear to be a little trollish.
    NO GUTS NO GLORY

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/27/02 11:06:57 am)
    Now ladr you really think I'm buying that line?

lol - good one!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/27/02 8:11:35 pm)

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/28/02 8:58:47 am)
    Hmmmmmm... what's the going price of a good line?

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/28/02 12:33:12 pm)
    jUST DON'T BUY IT FRUM UH TROUT!

Charlie D
    There could be some drawbacks.....

ladr
    (5/29/02 3:29:56 pm)
    But T, don't you notice that I am behaving?

The price of a good line varies with how much trouble you are in at the time.
    NO GUTS NO GLORY

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/29/02 6:38:50 pm)
    ladr,

Yes I have noticed you've been behaving. You running a fever or something?

lololol

timberbeast
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/29/02 11:20:15 pm)
    Is there a test somewhere that one can take to prove that one is a "Serious Shooter?"
    This is the first time in my life I've ever heard of a Mildot. That make me an "Iddot?" I have what the anti-gunners would call a "stockpile" of weapons, and enough ammo to...well...
    I have ONE rifle with a scope on it. I shoot offhand with iron sights, and I do it very much. I admire a guy who can take the latest in technology and shoot an eety-beety group at 400 yards. Maybe I could, too, if I applied myself to it. All I know is that all the rifles I own will kill what I aim at, in one shot at 100 yards and under, and if there's a doubt, I don't fire. As far as handguns, I'll pass on a deer past 70 yards with the .44, and I can take care of myself within 50 feet with all of mine. Tis good enough for me right now. We all have different styles. Never have had to track one deer that I have fired at. I'm damned proud of that.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2003