clueless people/situations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Islandboy, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Had a lady want to return one of those propane coleman single burner stoves, said the California inspired warning label about not using it indoors scared her, she wanted something to use indoors( to warm babies bottles).
    I expained to her the need for fresh air ventilation, explained how gas stoves are indoor appliances, ventilation being key for fireplaces, gas water heaters, clothes dryers, but she wouldn't have any of it.
    She insisted on trading it for a Kerosene stove:eek::eek::eek:

How about the guy who returns with the lawn mower he just bought, claiming it never would start.
    I explained that the oil belongs in the crankcase, not the gas tank, same for the gas not to go in the oil fill:eek::eek:

Every day, it gets better and better.
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Remember the island for misfit toys. We need an island for misfit people. :cool:
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah but what island is big enough to fit all the obozo voters into?

mike
    gn
  4. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Start with Marthas Vinyard. When that fills up we'll find somewhere else.
  5. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Mars?
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Don't worry about what size the island is................ Just STACK'EM DEEPER !!:D
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Stack em deeper... I like that;)
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've come to expect people to do anything in my occupation... :eek:
  9. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I had a boss who was a real a*****e. The guys were working on the big boss's boat. They were trying to get the outboard motor off the bracket by driving the pin out with a sledge hammer and getting no where. Get a bigger hammer and hit it harder. Boss man is right in the line of fire, watching the pin right down it's axis. This pin is about 1 inch diameter and 18 inches long. When the pin moved, it came out all at once and hit boss man right in the chin, knocked him colder than Smokin Joe coulda done!:D:D He was out cold for about 10 minuites and out of work for three days!:D:D:D:D

His boss went to Italy and brought my him back a fine suit of clothes. He and a shirt, jacket, slacks, belt and shoes. The belt and shoes were made of woven leather, the strands about 1/16 of an inch wide. Very pretty. The guys were working on the boat motors and had the hydraulic steering disconnected. One of the guys pointed the hose at boss man while the other guy turned the steering wheel. Hosed him down in his fine custom made Italian clothes. About a quart of hydraulic fluid.:D:D Ruined the whole suit of clothes.:D:D:D:D
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  10. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I saw a machinist once try to sweep the chips away from a running milling cutter with his finger.:eek::eek::eek::eek:. Bad idea. A couple of weeks later his buddy did the same thing, same result, shredded finger.:eek::eek::eek::eek:.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

When I was in high school, I worked at my parents restaurant. I remember one day, one of my father's friends was out in the parking lot showing off his "new" sawed off double barrel shotgun. I went out to see it and was watching when he held it up and pulled both triggers. :eek: It jumped out of his hand (notice I said HAND), came straight back, and hit him square between the eyes. Knocked him out cold. That made quite an impression on a 14 or 15 year old boy, and come to think of it, it also made quite an impression in his forehead.:D:D:D
  12. dew38

dew38 New Member

ouch :eek: :D:D:D not to bright
  13. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

14. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

My wife runs a medical lab. Recently a doctor's office accidentally faxed her office a patient's whole file, including a LOT of info that fell under confidentiality laws.
    She called the doc's office to inform them of the error, and the lady on the phone said, "Just fax it back to us then."

It'll sink in, in a minute or two.
  15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I have one. Keep in mind this was long ago, pre 9/11. I and my colleague had in front of us a suite case booked on a commercial flight. It had been sent to the airline and the owner was not scheduled to fly. We were suspicious. I called the anti terrorist unit and explained, they said, and I kid you not, 'take a look inside while we are on the phone, and tell us if you see anything suspicious like wires'. We broke the lock, found a long stick and lying as far away and as flat as possible opened it enough to identify dirty clothes, and no more. Who was worse? The guy on the phone or us?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009