CMC double barrel black powder pistol..HELP

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by trish16509, Dec 7, 2008.

1. trish16509

trish16509 New Member

Hello,

Hoping that someone can help me. I aquired a small black powder pistol when my grandfather died i have uploaded some pictures to an album in my profile and here is the link http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/album.php?albumid=48
    I need to add this to my gun collection but the insurance company is asking me to put a value to it and i have not got the foggiest idea what it is let alone how much it would be worth... any info you all could offer would be wonderful.

other info:
    black powder double barrel pistol (each barrel fires seperately from one trigger, but you pull back 2 seperate hammers, the trigger you have to press once and than again to fire both)

not sure of the calliber but i can put a bic pen into the barrel and there is still a little room

looks like it is made out of brass with some kind of mother of pearl or some kind of plastic grips on the handle.

it is about 7" from tip to end and the barrel is about maybe 3" or so long by about 1 inch or so wide and a half inch or less thick. (sorry i cant find a ruler)

markings:
    CMC
    88613s
    PAT. PEND.

there is no other info about this gun... would anyone know anything about it... thank you in advance.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That's a "Snake Eyes". Sold as both a kit and a finished gun by Classic Arms in the late 70s to the mid 90s. I just looked and Dixie Gun Works is selling the kit for 130 dollars.
    http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=869 although theirs appears to be a two-trigger gun. Caliber is .36, same as the Colt Navy revolver.
  3. trish16509

trish16509 New Member

Thank you so much... makes it worth even more to me now that i know that he built it with his own hands.

thanks again
  4. reals

reals New Member

Hi. My wife recently inherited the same weapon on the passing of her father. Ours is a single trigger pistol, with an offset sear that fires one barrel after the other, with one pull of the trigger. I have not yet checked the bore diameter, but assumed that it was a .32 cal. I will defer to the last person who posted here, who seems to know a lot more about it than I do.
    It is a nice little piece, and like you, my wife will value it a lot more knowing that her father might have done it with his own hands.
  5. bigpaul89

bigpaul89 New Member

i have one i will sell for $100 if you would like it it is the exact same gun
  6. Danny

Danny Member

I bought one of these kits about 20 so years ago. Took awhile to get the raw brass off. Wish they had Dremels back then. I still use it as a back up snake gun , loaded with bb's. 36 cal, I had to buy a bullet mold for it as all my other molds were for larger calibers.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)