co2 discharger

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by old semperfi, Jan 9, 2011.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    a number of years ago i bought a kit to discharge black powder firearms without igniting powder.i have adapters to use for caplocks,and inlines.i have used it many times and quite a few friends borrow it from time to time (i wish they would buy their own)im curious how many of you use one also. old semperfi
  2. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

I use one to unload before heading home from hunting. And a couple of times because I rammed a ball down without putting a powder charge in first. I haven't done that in a while, so now I better watch it a senior moment is probably on the way!
  3. rammed

rammed New Member

They use them all the time at the NMLRA shoots. I personally don't use one. If I dry ball I just pull the ball on a flintlock. If it's percussion I remove the nipple and fill the drum with 4F and then pop a cap. The drum holds enough to push the ball out.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I carry one in the field, in case things get wet while wandering around the edges of the duck ponds. :D

Pops
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    the really good thing about them is if you need to unload gun,you do not have to reclean other than a dry patch to make sure its clear. old semperfi