1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

At last! a bit of reason and logic.

Pops
  2. tntrucker

tntrucker New Member

I hope the tide is turning. Radical environmentalism is a religion to some. They worship the earth not God. To the politicians it's a way to increase control and power.
  3. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Don't trees really, really like CO2? Convert that stuff to O2? Necessary for all life on Earth? Hmmmmm?

6CO2 + 6H2O + energy from light ----> 6O2 + C6H12O6

OR

carbon dioxide + water + energy from light --> oxygen gas + glucose

Where do you think Maple syrup comes from? I'd really miss Maple Syrup. Mmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmm!
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Didn't we all learn this in grade school?
    Decades of science known to all mankind is reversed because Manbearpig says so?:eek:
    And what does this say for all the so called scientists that back him up?:rolleyes:
  5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I know O2 can cause fires.
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And CO2 puts them out.

So....
    Ya want O2 or CO2?
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Actually, O2 can't cause a fire. It can feed a fire and make a small blaze larger, but, by definition of oxidation, does not cause fire. We had a very heated discussion once with a safety inspector who insisted we put "flammable" labels on all our oxy containers. Once we did that, they could no longer be delivered by the mail plane. That meant a 200 mile trip by boat and dog sled to get refills.

Pops
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

But but but, Al "I invinted the internet and the environment and I'm the smartest man in human history" Gore can't be wrong!! Oh, say it isn't so!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, his slideshow about a fake BS psuedoscientific "theory" was really deserving of a Nobel Prize, especially since his competition included an old woman that save something like 2500 children from the Nazis. Oh my oh my, she didn't deserve a Nobel Prize for that:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Al Gore needs to shut his festering cakehole!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  9. OklahomaBrian

OklahomaBrian New Member

Manbearpig. Watch it guys he is serial....
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I like it... Thanks for posting that Pops! :D I heard a bit of it on Rush last week and thought it hilarious that some folks have finally figured this CO2 thing out. :)
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I don't think anyone has figured it out.
    Common sense and logic defy the majority any more.

What needs to be done is call all the fortune tellers on the carpet.

It won't happen so nothing will change.

You can't undo brainwashing.:(
    Once it's taken hold, there's no stopping it. No return.
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Notice that I just said 'some'... :D

I'm probably an environmentalist to some folks. I live in the sticks and truly hate when yuppies bulldoze the forest so they can sod a $10K lawn and I also despise subdivision developers. ;)

Does that make me a 'climate change' supporter?... HECK NO! :p:D;)
  13. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I'd hate it too if somebody came and turned my nice, rural home into a McMansion park too.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not opposed to McMansion parks. It's still a free country, but I don't want to live in or near one.
  14. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

This might be true but we still as a human race should find a way to have cleaner ways of doing things have you seen the smog? we still need clean air
  15. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

after reading this THIS guy is wrong, Co2 is heavier the air so all the CO2 that we put out its not going far its going stick low to the ground because i remember where whole lakes of fish died because the co2 sank in to the water thx god for the wind dispersing all the Co2 or else we'd be dead too and plants dont take in more Co2 then they need they have a set amount even if it did help plants eventually they would limited by the need of water and nutrition im not saying that this whole global warming thing is true but w/e this guy is saying is definatly wrong and it doesn't help that he was an ex chairman of US oil and gas association
  16. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

You are right about the smog. I am always amazed during the summer on how much there is in places like Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, and even Denver.
    I have driven through those 3 cities and have seen it first hand.
  17. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The point exactly. Don't confuse the scientists on the left with chemistry. The Political Scientists, Sociologists and and other non science scientists on the left must not be confused with facts that they are incapable of understanding.
  18. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

The fact of the matter is non of us are climatologists there for we are not experts on this but when 97% of Climatologist tell us remember these are the experts that we are supposed to trust with all the education and knowledge on the climate, tell us that humans are causing a global climate change we should believe them, its basic logic, your telling me 97% of them are all on the left? Global warming is very real its not the liberals telling us this its Trained climatologist's , you see we purposely look for evidence that supports what we beleive in we never look for evidence that can harm our beliefs...
  19. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Where are you getting the 97% number?
  20. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

This is from a study conducted by academics from the University of Illinois, who used an online questionnaire of nine questions. The scientists approached were listed in the 2007 edition of the American Geological Institute's Directory of Geoscience Departments, they took a survey of 3,700 climatologists and other scientists and 97% agreed that human activity and Co2 causes global warming so who are u going to believe 97% of climatologist or 3% of petroleum geologist cause im sureee there not bias in anyway