Cobwebs on my Glock!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhinoman
    (12/24/02 1:41:20 pm)
    Reply Cobwebs on my Glock!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, I've gone through a ton of the postings on this site in the past week. I've come to the conclusion that my new 1911 will come from Wilson, which model is my new dilemma.
    As for the subject of this post...Am I ever going to want to shoot my G-30 anymore once I have the Wilson? You guy's don't seem to care for Glocks. There are very few favorable remarks about Glocks in this site. I've looked!
    Taking into account total lack of support for Glocks, I'm thinking my new 1911 will end up being my choice for a carry gun once I'm familiar with it! Furthermore, this makes me thinking that perhaps Wilsons CQC compact or their S.D.S. would be a better choice than full size 1911!

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/24/02 7:42:59 pm)
    Re: Cobwebs on my Glock!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That depends on carry situation. If it is a CCW...there are still choices. I carry IWB and therefore it makes no difference. Summer gets to be interesteing...which is why I have a SA Ultra Compact. Tiny=hides well. Ported=less recoil/better recovery/second shot. Very reliable, very accurate.

Many folks, me included, prefer the full size for all around carry. It is a very personal thing.

As for your Glock...yeah, I admit it. I had to try one too. I had a 26. Shot it a few times...sold it. Plastic pistol=not for me.

Important Info For ALL Americans
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!" Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

boondocker6
    (12/25/02 7:31:27 am)
    Reply Re: Cobwebs on my Glock!

I have had a Glock 17 since 1989 (preban) and my 1991 since 95 and I admit the Colt goes with me more but sometimes you have that urge to carry your Glock. The Glock is a keeper butt with me they all are. When I was younger I got rid of some guns that I can kick my a$$ for now. Happy Holidays Boon

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/25/02 11:06:53 am)
    Reply Re: Cobwebs on my Glock!
    Well......a bunch of us here in the '11 forum are oldphart, hardcore, 1911 lovers who think that John Moses Browning created the world (and Sam Colt is his prophet).....

Aside from the fact that plastic is for water pistols.... ....there are a lot of people who love their Glocks (God bless their demented souls).

I'm sure you'll still shoot your Glockenspeil......once every 10 or 12 years or so......

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/25/02 3:11:08 pm)
    Re: Cobwebs on my Glock!
    Amen Boon!

I saved up and ordered an AR-15 before they were released. Sold it about 3 years later...thought I made a whopping prophet!!!!

Had some Hi Standard stuff that I dream about now...a lever savage...list goes on and on...

X'er is right, though...JMB/SC=pulchritudinous perfection!!!

Important Info For ALL Americans
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!" Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign