Cody saved all his Christmas and B-day money....

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jlloyd73, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

My 13yr old son Cody has been saving his money because he wanted to get a good pistol to help make him a better marksman. This is what he decided to get himself.....a Ruger 22/45 Mark 3. He has already shot about 100 rounds through it. I will tell you that I already have a love hate relationship with this thing.......love to shoot it, hate to clean it...:D:D:D:D I am thinking of trying to find a better set of sights for him.

Attached Files:

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good for him , i hope it looks after him and he it .. and well done to you for raising your kids so they see the need to save to look after themselves ( and not just sit with a hand out )
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Outstanding! They are a bit of a pain to clean, something that he'll learn to master as he gets older though. Job well done to save up for it!
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Donna and I sat down and talked to him about the responsibilities of owning a handgun (he got a 22 rifle last year and has done well with it). He also knows he has to keep his grades up and chores done or it will stay in the safe until he grows a beard.

I am proud of him for saving his money up and making a smart purchase. He wanted to get a 22 that would last and that he could pass down to his kids.
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

Simply outstanding! I have (sadly, stupidly) sold or traded a few guns over the years, but I still have my first two - a .22 rifle and pistol.
  6. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

Great first gun, at least he has adjustable sights, my first one was a Ruger with fixed sights. I still own it and I hope he never gets rid of his first pistol, he earned it.
  7. mranum

mranum Member

Thats awesome. Best part is basically he did this on his own, he earned it. He'll have a greater appreciation for stuff that way. Nice to sit him down and lay out the ground rules involved with owning firearms, but specifically handguns.

Never shot one of these but I know guys that have them and love 'em.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

congrats to him for working for it he will appreciate it more and thanks to you for raising him like u are to many parents are just handing things to there kids
  9. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Great job saving and good choice!! Can't beat a Ruger bull barrel...
    I still remember saving for my first bike and the lady counting out my money for an hour from a peanut butter jar I gave her.
  10. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I snagged my girlfriend's orange metallic fingernail polish and threw it on the front sight blade and it works great for me. Might want to try it out before you buy new sights.
  11. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Great pistol,enjoy shooting it. Cleaning the pistol takes time,but YOU will get used to it. There are great sites on the internet to help you !:) Cliff
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012