Cold day at the range

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

It was 29°, and the wind was blowing straight across the pistol range, but I hung in there for 300 rounds worth of bullseye shooting, dot shooting, and hitting the steel plates.
    I was shooting my new .38 Spl, and .357 Magnum reloads, and I gotta say I'm real happy with both this Ruger GP-161, and my work at the reloading bench.
    I saved my two best targets to share with you guys.....

This one was shot from 50', two handed Weaver stance, shooting my reloaded .357 Magnums. (158 Gr. LSWC/15.0 Grs. 2400/CCI#550 primers)
    [​IMG]

This one was also shot from 50', two handed Weaver stance, shooting my reloaded .38 Spl's.(158 Gr. LSWC/3.6 Grs. Bullseye/CCI#500 primers)
    [​IMG]

Not too shabby for a guy that was shivering cold.......;)
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Nice goin' Tony!
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Great shootin, Tony. Glad to see ya happy reloading too!
  4. frosty

frosty New Member

Tony,

I must say that is some fine shooting with that Ruger. I know you were smiling even with the cold on your neck everytime you squeezed off a round of your own homemade ammo ;) . I know I do every time it goes bang and it hits what I am aiming at.
    Congratulations again Tony. Now what is next................45 acp:eek: :eek: :eek: Yeah ya know its calling you.;)
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

The next step I take in the world of reloading will probably be to work up some match loads in 7.62mm (.308) for my M1A. The only handgun shooting I'll be doing for a long time will be .38/.357 & .22Lr.....(can't reload .22's)

Of course if I end up keeping my Beretta 96, I just might invest in a set of .40 S&W dies, and give that a go, but I'm aggressively trying to sell it to finance a S&W 686 4" wheel gun to keep my Ruger GP-100 company, and help it eat all these reloads I've been making.....;)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  6. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Nice job!

I was trying out a more natural grip today on the '45, but didn't do a tenth as well at 5 yards! And it was about 50F, and no wind.

I'm still getting the hang of a new gun.

(bad excuse):(
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Just my opinion...(knowing how bad I shoot a pistol target). Good shootin' Tony! Keep 'em coming...When I get a chance to post a target outside at 50 ft., I will...;)