1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Cold day at the range

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony Mig, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

It was 29°, and the wind was blowing straight across the pistol range, but I hung in there for 300 rounds worth of bullseye shooting, dot shooting, and hitting the steel plates.
    I was shooting my new .38 Spl, and .357 Magnum reloads, and I gotta say I'm real happy with both this Ruger GP-161, and my work at the reloading bench.
    I saved my two best targets to share with you guys.....

This one was shot from 50', two handed Weaver stance, shooting my reloaded .357 Magnums. (158 Gr. LSWC/15.0 Grs. 2400/CCI#550 primers)
    [​IMG]

This one was also shot from 50', two handed Weaver stance, shooting my reloaded .38 Spl's.(158 Gr. LSWC/3.6 Grs. Bullseye/CCI#500 primers)
    [​IMG]

Not too shabby for a guy that was shivering cold.......;)
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Nice goin' Tony!
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Great shootin, Tony. Glad to see ya happy reloading too!
  4. frosty

frosty New Member

Tony,

I must say that is some fine shooting with that Ruger. I know you were smiling even with the cold on your neck everytime you squeezed off a round of your own homemade ammo ;) . I know I do every time it goes bang and it hits what I am aiming at.
    Congratulations again Tony. Now what is next................45 acp:eek: :eek: :eek: Yeah ya know its calling you.;)
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

The next step I take in the world of reloading will probably be to work up some match loads in 7.62mm (.308) for my M1A. The only handgun shooting I'll be doing for a long time will be .38/.357 & .22Lr.....(can't reload .22's)

Of course if I end up keeping my Beretta 96, I just might invest in a set of .40 S&W dies, and give that a go, but I'm aggressively trying to sell it to finance a S&W 686 4" wheel gun to keep my Ruger GP-100 company, and help it eat all these reloads I've been making.....;)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  6. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Nice job!

I was trying out a more natural grip today on the '45, but didn't do a tenth as well at 5 yards! And it was about 50F, and no wind.

I'm still getting the hang of a new gun.

(bad excuse):(
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Just my opinion...(knowing how bad I shoot a pistol target). Good shootin' Tony! Keep 'em coming...When I get a chance to post a target outside at 50 ft., I will...;)