The Firearms Forum banner

Cold Steel Neck Knife

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jrg 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a Cold Steel K4 neck knife from Smokey Mountain KNife Works web site. It is a plain dege knife. The 4 inch blade is not very heavy and it came from the factory fairly sharp but I touched it up a little with my Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker and it is now very sharp.

I think that I am going to like the knife. I think that the blade could be heavier but I cary a CRKT Point Guard and it is plenty heavy for any defensive situations that may arise. I will probably delegate the Coold Steel G4 to the consule in my Jeep Liberty. It is always good to have a knife around for emergency applications.

#2 ·
Is that similar to the Bird / Trout CS knife? I really like that one, I can carry that without noticing and have even fallen asleep with it without being the wiser. Top knife, with lanyard. The early models were made with Carbon V, but present is some type of stainless steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.