Coles offers soldiers 10 per cent Easter discount

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by jack404, Apr 4, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Coles Supermarkets is offering soldiers a 10 per cent Easter discount.
    The supermarket giant will give the discount on groceries to anyone with a valid Department of Veteran Affairs card or defence personnel card from today until Monday, April 9.
    Coles managing director Ian McLeod said the discount was a small gesture of thanks to all those that were serving or had served Australia, and have had to be away from their families over holidays.
    The discount is not available on tobacco, alcohol or gift cards.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/bre...nt/story-e6frfkur-1226319612764#ixzz1r82aqQQL
  2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Here in the U.S. Lowes gives a 10% discount to the chosen.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cool , personally i grabbed 4 big cans of coffee, some batteries and it was 10% off the sale price too!! and a few other bits so far , light globes , dunny paper, candles, the stuff ya cant have too much of.. ok for food and have been for years ;)

if yours a seasonal thing or all year round ?

here its a combo for Easter and Anzac day which are both in april normally

a long gone store chain used to do similar .. Waltons

Coles bought out Waltons in NSW and maybe elsewhere and made em Coles Embassy stores ( yep i'm that old )

i bought a mess of rifles through them layaway ..

mick simmons ( a big sports chain until the 90's ) used to as well , but they been taken over and run down..

folks here support those who support the troops ..
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. clamman

clamman Member

Lowe's has always gave me the 10% off whenever I buy. Came in pretty handy when I bought $4000.00 worth of cabinets and $2500 in appliances!.