1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Collecting-up Spent Brass Casings

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by GConn, Apr 25, 2011.

1. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Has anyone ever used the "ammo wizzard"? A friend of mine said his dad bought one and it picks the grass clean. I think they were originally used for walnuts but have been designed for smaller brass hulls.

http://www.ceddaa.com/Tools/Ammo-Brass-Wizard.html
  2. langenc

langenc Member

Right around $2.
  3. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Yes i'm lucky i can shoot on my property as well even hunt which i do . I shoot competetion grade rifles and pistols . I spend a great deal of time more than most weighing out brass ,trimming the neck diameter and length . I try to get my brass and every reloading componet the same as close as possible . I take great care of my brass not allowing it to just fling out .On some guns i have had the builder disable the extractor where it just dribbles out the brass to catch on a towel or leather mat . yes i know this is extreme but I enjoy tiny tiny groups .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

When at the club I try and get the farthest bench right and lay a tarp down too. pull the corners together and slide them into a box or bucket. I dont even reload yet possibility I never will. Sent JLA a bunch of brass and have tons more but havent been shooting in awhile due to my shoulder.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

When i was a kid and w just moved down from the bush to the west of Sydney the old range at pitt town had a semi tamed magpie who'd pick up a shell fly to the bucket , drop the shell in and then get old erny would give it a seed or bit of mince

when erny became too ill they just put out the seed in a bowl next to the bucket and the bird helped himself but still collected all the shells casings , a two day break would see the bucket full , the bin full of shells too and the seed bowl empty and not a shell on the range

birds been dead 30 years now , earny 35 the range at pitt town gone now 20 or more ,

much prefer the old days eh ..