Colorado Sheriff will not support gun ban

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by rglbegl, Feb 24, 2010.

1. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

poll results:

Should Colorado State students ignore the new weapons ban, as their sheriff suggests?
    Yes, they should ignore the ban
    97%
    No, they should obey the campus rules
    3%
    I don't know
    0%
    I don't care
    0%
    Total Votes: 12354
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

There is a lot to be said for abiding by the law. However, when you have a Congress or Legislature or College Board that doesn't support the Constitution then it is time to disobey those laws and devil take the hindmost.

A government at the very least should not put its citizens in jeopardy. That is why the sheriff won't support disarming the public. Hats off to him. Apparently the people who answered the poll feel the same.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    A lot to be said for defying bad laws. Without the resistance to them there would be no reason for a power mad legislative body to think twice before passing more restrictions on our rights and exempting themselves from the consequences. Or we could still be paying homage to the crown. Sheriff Alderden is my hero of the week.
  4. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Hat's off to the Sheriff!!!! He is 100% right in my book. I did read on another post "The Sheriff's duty is to enforce the law as it is written and NOT how he thinks it should be...." Those are NOT my thoughts - I just read those elsewhere. In my early years studying Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice we were instructed on the "Letter of the Law - and the SPIRIT of the Law"

If people supported the the right thing - and not current laws imposed by a powerful minority - there would never have been 6 million people toasted in ovens. Those on the College Board seem to want 'sheep' instead of independant young minds to mould.

That young lady Police Chief in Boulder just wants her 'ticket punched' on her way up the ladder, so there is no way she will buck the intrenched Liberal Establishment. Looks like she doesn't have the trust in the people that the Sheriff has..........
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Apparently kanonemeister has never heard of "jury nullification".
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I say he is right and I hope that the Supreme court says so too.

Hey! #600. I am catching up to Glocknut:D