1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt 1860 Army Grip

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by philfsu, Aug 20, 2006.

1. philfsu

philfsu New Member

I jut picked up a Colt 1860 Army that was manufactured in 1863 and had a couple of questions concerning the grips.

First, do the grips have a serial number? If so, where and how is it stamped?

Second, both sides of the grip have cartouches. On the right side it is a JT. I cannot make out all of the letters on the left side. It is vissible just difficult to read. I know that it is three letters that ends in "D".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.