Colt 1908 Pocket Pistol .25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kendradad, Oct 19, 2008.

1. kendradad

kendradad New Member

I would appreciate someone who has a Blue Book or similar help me determine the value of this pistol.

It is a colt 1908 pocket pistol .25 caliber NIB condition. I recently took it to a local gun store and asked for an opinion regarding its condition and was told 99%. He said a 100% gun would have to be untouched.

The gun has never been fired that I know of, but I have only owned it for the last 30+ years so I can't say for sure. I can say it has no flaws, rust, and comes with original box, instructions and packing cloth. The box also has the serial number written in pencil on the bottom of the box. I believe the gun was manufactured in 1928.

Thanks for any and all help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your little Colt in the condition shown in the factory box books for $575. Nickel plated ones, factory pearl grips, factory engraving, etc. would drive the price up much higher. That being said, collectors are always on the lookout for NIB examples, and my observations at gun shows indicate the real world value today would be in the $800 plus area.