The Firearms Forum banner

Colt 1911 US Army - Looking for Value help please

Tags
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MichaelT 
#1 ·
Looking for a value for this pistol I own. Seems tough to do that locally. This is 1 stamp I can not male out. (See pic)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't help you on value, but think you may have a Colt slide mated to a Remington Rand frame of '43 manufacture. The FJA stamp near the slide stop cut stands for Frank J Atwood, who was the inspector for Ithaca and Remington Rand during that period. A Colt frame would've been stamped GHD, for Guy H Drewry.

#5 ·
Im no expert but I must disagree with the price assessment. I just sold one similar for 800.00. I know someone who would be interested in this if you would like, I can contact him and put you in touch...

#9 ·
It's a WWII 1911-A1 Parts Gun that has been blued. It was originally parkerized. As for value I would say it may bring 700 to 900 although I think it is actually only worth about 4 to 500. These guns have gotten a bit out of hand for no explainable reason. A decent 1911 can be bought new for 500. This gun is not as nice as the new gun and has about zero collector interest but it will still bring good money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.