1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Colt .22 cal.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

A fella asked if I could help I.D. a .22 Cal 7 shot with either a 3 or 4 inch barrel it's marked: Colt's pt. F.A. mfg. co. Hartford Ct, U.S.A., the serial number is 14165...I asked him to send me a Pic, until then any of y'all know what model or value it is or has. He says it's never been fired much, and is in excellent shape... Wha'cha think?...:)
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

There are two possible models.

The Colt Open Top Pocket was a 7-shot .22 made from 1871 - 1877. That sn would place it in 1874, the year of largest production of that model. Value would be from $400-$2000 depending on ornamentation and condition.

Attached Files:

3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

And also the Colt New Line .22 revolver, made from 1873-1877. That sn would be a late First Model, made in 1876. Value similar to the Open Top, depending heavily on condition and ornamentation.

Attached Files:

4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Thanks Doc! Hopefully we'll get a Pic of it soon...;)