Colt 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rdstrain49, Jan 3, 2011.

1. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

What do you think? Colt Calvary Commemorative. Appear to be unfired. Not perfect, but very nice. Handling mark on top of case, minor ding on top of the comb of the stock. Cylinders do not appeared to have been turned.[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Nice. I have one just like it. They are selling for around $1200-1300, which is no big deal if you count inflation. Very few commemoratives have been good investments, although they are interesting guns. I like mine because they are among the few repros that have safety pins and I have used the measurements in replacing them on original guns.

Jim
  3. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Haven't decided yet whether to keep them, sell them, or shoot them. Leaning toward shooting them. When you consider the cost of each item, I couldn't replace the set with Uberties. Decisions, decisions:)
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The Blue Book lists these at $1395, but only in 100% mint and unused condition, which is what dedicated collectors are looking for. Having been used, IMO they would bring around $600.
  5. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

These guns were put together by Colt from parts imported from Italy. Many were made from parts produced by Armi San Marko and later Uberti. Colt sold these as if they were made 100% by Colt. Later on due to guns getting past Colts inspectors with european proofs under the loading levers they had to tell the truth. All that aside they bring a good price on todays gun market. A set like that with case and stock in my area would go for around $1,400.00.

RC